• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Slardar Katukurunda Circuit Meet 2 ( 2007 Slardar C’ship Round V)

Grand Civic

In vain man, you also should have run your Evo.

Still Not Decided to Run On Track Events, Maybe Next year

That was a great event!

What a dare-devil drive by DD and I still cant belive how he managed that in the final streach in Race1...amazing Mivec turbo! As you always say..race is on till the final millimetre :D hats off to AP as well for giving a tough fight.

It was two victories for Rohith making a comeback after skipping many races,he still is the best!

Ajith gave a "Bul" run to his rivals and won with massive colours.Good chase was given by Param but Ajith was unbeatable. Few Mini back runners were not happy about Ajith coming and winning all the time :o especially a guy from Kurunegala.

Track officials and few photo guys had a near-miss with Madushans car.Got a picture taken few seconds after that,will upload it soon.Nigel was seen collecting very heavy debris like bumpers (possibly as soverniors :lol: )

Ashan,Pasindu,Yoga were great and Visal,Prabhath too!

Madz was great at his week-end job! Nice pics mate!

Many thanks to SLARDAR organizers for the wonderful and well organized event and a special thank goes to the President for deciding to give away trophies to "under protest" winners.End of the day only a trophy is what a driver/rider gets.There is no point getting a trophy from SLARDAR office clerk once the drivers/riders are cleared from charges.SLARDAR belived all are innocent until proven guilty.So Mr Rodney Mason Thank you for the truely brave decisions taken!

Its pity what happend at the end of a wonderful race (bike accident).These bikers always lay black marks.Hope the unfortunate biker is alright.

Congrats to all winners!

MINIACE

Yes DD gave a dare devil run but AP & DJ maked him do that lol, Most PPl are there to watch the SL-H & SL-GT Events sadly we had to watch so many boring Byke racers, They should Run All the car Events 1st, then in the Evening All the Bike events, then we can come home after watching all the car Events,

Anyway Ashan showed how talented he is and he didnt gave no chance to anyone, even come closer to him, but last race he didnt had no chance Agiant Mighty Evo's

I expected good fight from the Janaka, maybe janaka selcted a Wrong car, Evo may have done good for him,

Overoll Very gud Day, Specially for Evos, lol

Congrads to DD,DJ,AP, Riyaz, Ashan and all the Car Event Winners

Edited by GihanFX

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So many foul starts happened in quite a few events on race day. I personally saw fouls starts by some competitors in 3 car events & 2 bikes events. Although SLARDAR were very specific in addressing the foul start issues & saying that they could go upto the extent of disqualifying any competitor because of the minimal number of laps per race, due to the short time frame they have to stick to because of the TV coverage commitment, They didnt act on it at all, as a certain competitor whose father happens to be a bigshot in SLARDAR would also be penalized in the process. And also the SLARDAR start-line marshals really messed up the grid positions in certain events, which resulted in heavily affecting some competitors who had qualified on the front and getting pushed back. It seems that SLARDAR doesnt seem to have solid rules with this regard.

Although SLARDAR conducted a spectacular race this time, there was a lot of injustice done to many competitors.

I will not name the competitors who did the foul starts & the relevant officials here in a public forum. But I think the respective federations of the sport have already been notified and action in this regard will be taken in due time.

What a drive in the 1000cc March event. Lakshika showed how to do it for some male races (including her 2 brothers).

Lakshika would have had a hard time catching the guy who took pole from her by 1.5 seconds, but he didn't show up on race day.

Forgot to mentioned about Amarasiri family trio making it to podium! Congrats to them !

Agree with the foul start issue! Video eveidences were not clear this time and lights were not visible in the same frame.From this few drivers and riders got away from the 'religation of the placing" punishment.

MINIACE

I dont know if any of you saw it, but in the very first Katu that DD participated, in the good old evo IV, he beat a yellow legacy turbo by barely a bonnet length. I still remember standing on the first corner not knowing what the result was.

Edited by KaluZ

I dont know if any of you saw it, but in the very first Katu that DD participated, in the good old evo IV, he beat a yellow legacy turbo by barely a bonnet length. I still remember standing on the first corner not knowing what the result was.

Yep the move was reminiscent of the one DD pulled on the Legacy back in the day..that was great as was thiis one. Remember it very well. But this time IMO it was between two more evenly matched cars.. By the way you never know when the then Yellow Legacy owner's sons may take to the supercar event-they do Drive Subaru's you know :rolleyes:

By the way you never know when the then Yellow Legacy owner's sons may take to the supercar event-they do Drive Subaru's you know :rolleyes:

I expected them to be contenders in the event by now - considering that the Yellow Legacy has been raced by one of them in the past. When is the then Black Legacy owner's son coming to the supercar event? :D

Remeber when the Black Legacy and Yellow Legacy (originally White) made their debut at the SLARDAR 1000? apita full godayata magic!

Thank you for every one of you who contributed for this thread after the races. It was in 1997 when I drove the Evo IV RS and that was my first race ever at Katu. Qualified 2nd on the grid with Dilantha at pole, Aravinda 3rd and Mr. Casim Wahab 4th.

However I was not allowed to start at grid 2 as it was considered that I as a novice could be a danger for other drivers, but went on to win race by just half a car length with CW 2nd, AP 3rd and DM 4th (in his Porsche 911 RS). If I could remember correctly there were 12-13 on the grid which included Starlets & Civics.

It was in 1997 ..that was my first race ever at Katu.

However I was not allowed to start at grid 2 as it was considered that I as a novice could be a danger for other drivers, but went on to win race by just half a car length

Hey Its 10 years of tarmac hunt!! Celeberation time!!!

So where did you start on the grid ?? BTW you are still tagged a danger for other drivers :lol:

MINIACE

Thank you for every one of you who contributed for this thread after the races. It was in 1997 when I drove the Evo IV RS and that was my first race ever at Katu. Qualified 2nd on the grid with Dilantha at pole, Aravinda 3rd and Mr. Casim Wahab 4th.

However I was not allowed to start at grid 2 as it was considered that I as a novice could be a danger for other drivers, but went on to win race by just half a car length with CW 2nd, AP 3rd and DM 4th (in his Porsche 911 RS). If I could remember correctly there were 12-13 on the grid which included Starlets & Civics.

thats awesome dude. I really love the way you show some of the self proclaimed guru's of racing how it's done.

Keep it going man.

Anyone here remember Katu 55 (Back in '96)? The 25-lap enduarance run (in the rain!) is still one my fav races at Katu... I'm bringing this up because I've always thougth that it was DD's first race - apparently I'm very much mistaken. Can anyone enlighten me on who it was that went off the backstraight after aquaplaning in something like a black 300ZX(?) I don't remember much coz I was just 10 at the time...

I expected them to be contenders in the event by now - considering that the Yellow Legacy has been raced by one of them in the past. When is the then Black Legacy owner's son coming to the supercar event? :D

Remeber when the Black Legacy and Yellow Legacy (originally White) made their debut at the SLARDAR 1000? apita full godayata magic!

interesting to note how these evo racers own subarus too ;)