• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Ssangyong Assembled In Sri Lanka, What Would Be The Price?

hyndai

Hi guys,

i recently heard that micro cars is assembling ssangyong's suv's in Sri lanka. Guys, does this means that we can buy them (ssangyongs) at their $ price? i mean the duty free price? i hope i am clear, see, a toyota corolla is arround $ 15000, that is clsoe to 1500000, however in market it is twice or more, due to tax. Since, ssangyong is made within the country, do we still have to pay the same high price as if it was imported from korea?

guys, help the confuced!

It's not 100% tax free. The parts got down here are taxed. The current goverment has granted Mirco a tax concession and hence they are able to give the vehicles at a lower rate than if it was brought down from Korea.

Keeping in mind that diesel cars/jeeps are taxed over 300% with current tax policies, Micro can give the Kyron at 6.5 and the Rexton at 7.5 million. If they were to be imported these vehicles would cost well over 15 million.

Ssangyong Rexton 11 is a SUV worth considering given it’s price and the features it offers for some one looking for a good looking SUV that has character and some thing to brag about mainly it’s 2.7 Liter Turbo Diesel engine and the T-Tronic transmission that is sourced from Mercedes Benz (Daimler-Chrysler). The XDi engine is a 3rd generation Common Rail Direct Injection Diesel (CRDi) engine that comes with MB toughness and technology. The quality of the car is excellent in terms of fit and finish. An overall improvement on the previous Rexton in all departments. But how will the quality be in a kit that is assembled in Sri Lanka will have come from an actual user/owner of one of those.

But if it’s done properly, the new 2007 Rexton will definitely be a car to enjoy.

Edited by viking

But how will the quality be in a kit that is assembled in Sri Lanka will have come from an actual user/owner of one of those.

But if it’s done properly, the new 2007 Rexton will definitely be a car to enjoy.

Final finish looks quite decent on the locally assembled ones.