• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Where Can I Buy Brake Pads For Starlet Gt?

priya

Gunat I agree with you. To tell you last time I replaced shocks I checked with them..there they are a bit expensive...as usual its the case with any agent. Do you know of a place where I can buy the same stock front and rear break pads??

Yes, components such as Shocks are expensive- but the more ancillary bits, like brake parts, bushes, engine bits are more reasonably prices. Plus you get the benefit of an original part...Front pads should set you back around 10-12k.

Bit of advice- there are aftermarket non-OEM pads that fit the stock calipers, but the lifetime of these is far less that original parts.

The only other place that supplies genuine Toyota parts, is MM Organization- but i'm not sure if they have supplies for the more rarer models such as the GT Turbo. Worth a try though.

Edited by gunat

Hi guys pls help..could anyone tell me where to buy break pads for starlet gt? pls let me know.

:violent-smiley-030::violent-smiley-030::violent-smiley-030::violent-smiley-030:

Priya,

I will tell u a grade way. You just go to Japan Lanka- Kalubovila or US Motors Dehiwala (Hil street). The have slightly used Hitachi or genuine break pads. 4 pads cost will only about 1000/= but remember to take your break pad as a sample. You can choose very good 4 break pads from them. It is 100% genuine but cost very little you can use that pads about 50,000 km without damaging the disks.(If you use fake break pads your disk will damage.)

Edited by Nilantha

[Not recommending used pads at all !]

I second that.

In fact, if budget is an issue- its better to get new non-toyota pads than used. Lesser of 2 evils.

Good luck

don't use non toyota or duplicate. it will eate your break discs and can't break properly. It has big different use of genuine break pads and duplicate.

Edited by Nilantha

Nilantha, Gunat & miniace... thanks to your competitive ideas I am gain faced with a riddle to buy used toyota vs new non toyota.

Even one of my friends who has a non-turbo ep91 said he bought some green color non toyota pad from dehiwala and said its making queaeek sound eversince he put them on and asked my never to buy that green color stuff...anyways..dunno whot that is.. :unsure:

I will first check with MM and everybody else and see what prices are like. I will come back to you guys again for advice..thanks and thanks again for advice.

you r the best! :P :P :jumping-smiley-013: :jumping-smiley-013: :jumping-smiley-013: :jumping-smiley-013: :jumping-smiley-013:

Nilantha, Gunat & miniace... thanks to your competitive ideas I am gain faced with a riddle to buy used toyota vs new non toyota.

I'm afraid there really isn't any competiton. You have a GT. Its a small powerfull car that goes fast. When you have a car that goes fast, you make sure it can stop fast, unless you have a death wish. Never, EVER compromise on ur brakes to save a few bucks. NEVER EVER use used pads.

I'm afraid there really isn't any competiton. You have a GT. Its a small powerfull car that goes fast. When you have a car that goes fast, you make sure it can stop fast, unless you have a death wish. Never, EVER compromise on ur brakes to save a few bucks. NEVER EVER use used pads.

:P Thank you .wish make sure to keep it in mind. :P:rolleyes:

TAS is another place that might have these... once again might not be original "toyota" but might be the brand that toyota outsources their brakepads to...

And i too seriously dont think you should fit used break pads....

on the topic what do you guys think of locally rebuilt pads/shoes? you know, places that paste a new peice to replace the part thats worn out..... we've used those on the Gemini and Jep a couple of times, and honestly i dont feel a diference (in the short or long term)..

any experience?

TAS is another place that might have these... once again might not be original "toyota" but might be the brand that toyota outsources their brakepads to...

And i too seriously dont think you should fit used break pads....

on the topic what do you guys think of locally rebuilt pads/shoes? you know, places that paste a new peice to replace the part thats worn out..... we've used those on the Gemini and Jep a couple of times, and honestly i dont feel a diference (in the short or long term)..

any experience?

Whot is TAS? Where is it? Please provide more details for me.. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

priya why don't you scout around panchi and see what jap brake pads you can pick up... there are plenty of starlet GT's around and i highly doubt 75% buy their pads from toyota lanka... it's just temporary till you can afford a genuine set... trust me the premium you pay is worth it!

take my vote against used pads too... :)

My views , comments and recommendations were never scoped competitive to anyone in this forum.Dont get this in a wrong view! purely posted in good faith on highlighting whats true and fact over some silly comments and thoughts.

I always post with my touch with automobile.

There are some jokers around and they just post something without concidering the technical gravity.(sorry im not gonna mention names).Everyone be careful!

Priya,finally,if you are hesitant to go best with the most important and basic safety feature of your car-the brakes, you play chicken with many!

MINIACE