• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Lancer Cb3a Or Ck2a

coldblood

Hi

I am planning to get a lancer and not decided on which model to go for, either CB3A or CK2A. Any one who as experienced in both the models?

I would like to know which works better in fuel/petrol, performance and availability of spares. I was told that CB3A uses 4G91 engine and CK2A uses 4G15. and both using EFI. which one is better?

Do you know any known issues in lancers.

Please advise.

Thanks

well im runing a ck2a apart from hondas its manufac yr 2000 n its a dohc eng..car came up with bodykit,lether seats ext..mmm good runing does abt 9kml..well ravi cnverted his cb3a to evo 3 b4 that it was runing abt 10kml.. but i recon its good if u go 4 a ck version..cos cb's are on brake evn point mate..

well im runing a ck2a apart from hondas its manufac yr 2000 n its a dohc eng..car came up with bodykit,lether seats ext..mmm good runing does abt 9kml..well ravi cnverted his cb3a to evo 3 b4 that it was runing abt 10kml.. but i recon its good if u go 4 a ck version..cos cb's are on brake evn point mate..

Thanks mate, so ur friend converted a cb3a to an evo 3..thats cool seems like its compatible for conversion.

Yeah many people recommend ck2a cos its new version and does well on fuel. but the doubt is whether these ck2a are brand new specifically made to Asian market or are they Japaneses reconditions. Wonder how is the suspension is it soft or hard...And it seems that the cb3a body is much thicker than the ck2a..

Hey i am bit confused now...need your help

I went thru few brand new ck2a and found that they are carburetors. Now my question is do i go for a carburetor engine type or stick to old CB3A with EFI engine?

Also i heard that in some point of time if u need to make the engine turbo, its not possible with carburetor engines is this true...So according to current context, should i only look for EFI engines. Are Carburetor engine not worth any more?

Please advise.

well mate...the 99-00 ck's came up wth efi n dohc too..so y shoud u go 4 a carb version??

well RACERSEDGE, there is slight of a budget issue thats why i have to choose a vehicle with CK2A 96-98 model or CB3A 94 model.

So you recommend not to go for carburetor engine...Its worth to have a DOHC 16Value (CB3A) than a SOHC 12Valve (CK2A)?