• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Is Nissan Bluebird Su12 A Good Buy?

L board

Question

There is a Nissan Bluebird SU12 64-XXXX that I am considering to buy expecting low diesel running cost. This is 1989 make, brand new imported and fixed with a new engine recently. It is full option. I have few questions about this car:

1) Is there a good demand for this model? I mean can I seel it easily when I want to?

2) What is the market price?

3) Are there any better options for the same market price?

4) How is the availability of parts (body and spares)? I am quite concerned about this since I have not seen many SU12 in the country

5) Is it a good car in general?

Please help me with answers to these five questions.

Thanks in advance

L Board

Edited by L board

2 answers to this question

There is a Nissan Bluebird SU12 64-XXXX that I am considering to buy expecting low diesel running cost. This is 1989 make, brand new imported and fixed with a new engine recently. It is full option. I have few questions about this car:

1) Is there a good demand for this model? I mean can I seel it easily when I want to?

4) How is the availability of parts (body and spares)? I am quite concerned about this since I have not seen many SU12 in the country

Thanks in advance

L Board

since no one has answered so far...

mate

i have no idea about your specific model but an older model diesel bluebird can't be having that much of market value nor a demand these days IMHO.

It's not one of those "sought" after models...

and the other thing is the present condition of the vehicle...you can't really go on numbers and years of manufacture cos sometimes you see plenty of new cars really hackneyed and some older cars taken care of like a babies...

If you can declare the budget you have and what type of a car you're expecting, i think many members should be able to give in their comments....

that's what many of us here do and what i also did when i joined :)

Thanks in advance

L Board

Hey!

We had a BB 64-xxxx car which we bought with around 120k on the clock and sold it with over 340k on the clock. The car was very well built (much better than the SB13 onward Era models). Comfortable and used to moved pretty well. We paid about 700k for it and ended up selling at around 5.75 a good 3-4 years back.

Really not sure about the current prices or the spare availability. Best to run through the classified sections and to give a few calls to Delkanda, Panchi and Kurunegala for parts.

Edited by milindu