• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Have An Idea Abt Amount Of Tax We Pay

Thanushka

Hi Ppl,

I found this site and thought of share it with you.

Go to the site, click a vehicle brand and check the price, convert to Rupees. And add around Rs. 300,000 (I don't know exact figure, think it is a lesser amt than this) as the shipping cost. And compare the prices with the prices in the local market. You'll see how much taxes are we paying. It makes me really disappointing. :(

And admin's sorry if this violates the regulations. All I wanted is to educate the people. :D

http://www.mehran.co.jp/?gclid=CL6hmaXRvpECFUWoGgod1hBWCQ

I think we all are quite aware of the insane tax system in SL. there's not a single thread that goes by with out some one moaning about it lol

If you look at the brighter side of things our system is way better than the one in India.

But I thought Indian Govt. charges only 60% of the cost of the vehicle. :unsure:

I think we all are quite aware of the insane tax system in SL. there's not a single thread that goes by with out some one moaning about it lol

If you look at the brighter side of things our system is way better than the one in India.

Well, india had a high tax system for imported cars just to discourage flooding of them into the market to protect the local car industry. Then what happened? BMW, mercedes, toyota, mistubishi, renault,nissan, General motors, suzuki etc all establishd manufacturing and assembly plants in india itself eliminating the high tax component. Cars are way cheap there than what it is here, i have a friend who recently bought a DIESEL suzuki swift fully loaded for Indian Rs 500,000 +.