• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Cr51,cr52,kr42,kr41 Fuel Consumptions & Market Price

thusithasam

Dear all TownAce useres,Please can you give me details about CR51, CR52,KR41, KR42.And I have idiar to buy petrol Town Ace and later I am going to keep Diesel engine for it.And I like to know about market price of those vehicles. if you useing these models please give me idears and advises.

Thanks,

Have a good day for every body.

• 4 months later...

hello mate! i'll start with the model codes. the 5 in 51 means its 4wd and the 1 is the generation. so cr52 is the 2nd gen 4wd and cr41 is the 1st gen 2wd. the 1st character in the code stand for the engine. which mean cr models came with the c series engine (i.e. 2c or 3c in this case) and the krs came with 4k and 5k engines. i hope thats clear to you.

the first gen and 2nd gen are mechanically similar. except the diesel versions feature the 3c engine over the 2c-III of the 1st gen models. u can identify the 41 from a 42 easily cos the newer one had a very protruded front grille and bumper. and clear lense indicators at he rear. not to mention a whole new dashboard with the radio placed at the top. u can identify a 4wd from a 2wd by counting the lug nuts on their wheels. the 2wd had 4 and the 4wd had 5. and the 4wd was slightly taller. other than that the 4wd featured gas shocks over oil shocks in the 2wd. and it came with a full time 4wd so u cant switch between modes. not to mention they had 14" wheels compared to the 13" of the 2wd. but if they have changed the wheels just count the lugnuts or pop the hood n check out the model code.

if u ask me to pick my favourite it would be a cr42 with the 3c-te engine. though non of them ever made it to sl. its got a 94bhp turbo intercooler efi engine. and packs a decent punch. if u r buying a petrol there's very little difference between the 4k and the 5k cos the 1st is 1.5 and latter is 1.8 and there's only a 11 hp difference between the 2 engines. same with the 2c and the 3c. in non turbo form its only a 6 hp increase in the 3c which is 2.2l compared to the 2.0l of the 2c. the turbocharged 3c however takes the power upto 90bhp. so its a 17 hp increase over the 2c-III. then decide if u want 4wd or not. if u never go off road its absolutely pointless. and then if u r doing heavy offroading again its pointless cos unlike the previous models it lacks the 2 speed transfer case. and fuel economy in the 4wd version is not that great compared to the 2wd version cos u have to turn another pair of wheels all the time.

if u dont mind performance. want good economy. and never go offroad just buy a 2wd non turbo diesel.

and i wouldnt really recommend the diesel engine swap

• Like 1