• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Whats The Rpm Levels In Speeds. (automatic Gure Box)

Kasuncp

Question

13 answers to this question

Hi Guys,

I Want to know the RPM In a Automatic 1600CC Car.

Can you please mention the speeds with O/D On and O/D Off.

(Eg. 40 KM/h - 1500 RPM)

Thanks,

Kasun

this is different from car to to car since the ICU is the one that determines the RPM levels...1600cc factor doesn't contribute directly

and also i doubt you can directly match RPM to speed since that too depends on many variables including the load the car is pulling at the time etc etc

Your question is too vague to give you a solid answer. 3000 RPM is a relative figure; for instance 3000 RPM on a high-revving Honda is a low figure while on a 320d diesel Bimmer it could be regarded as a high figure. Furthermore, your gear ratios play a role in determining what speed you will achieve in each gear. If you provide more details, such as make and model of vehicle, a forum member with experience with that vehicle might be able to give you further information.

Normaly when im going at 80 Km/h my RPM is 3000. Without any load. in 80Km/h 3000 is normal or is it a high amount?

When u say going, are u still accelerating or cruising? If cruising at 80 on ma Corolla its about 1800 RPM O/D on. Usually normal acceleration auto gears change between 2000 ~ 2500 RPM so that the engine can run efficiently.

Edited by xlr8r

That's when im accelerating. I Tried to go beyond 80Km/h buy with traffic i didn't manage to go beyond that. Whats the Normal Speed that O/D is getting On in a 1600cc Automatic Car. My O/D On/Off Switch is not working. I had a thread before on that buy i didn't get any answer for that.

Next time I decide that examining the tach meter while going at 80 instead of keeping my eyes on the road is a good idea, I'll let you know. When I get the Gen, of course. And when my automatic brake assist on speeding (aka mom) is not in the car.

oh ....u mean the autiomatic high pitched sonic remote braking system on the gen II

i get that in my ride too,, but once or twice a year as they are not in SL :jumping-smiley-013: