• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Tuning Up Honda Hornet Carburetter

Iroshana

Question

Can anybody suggest a good technician for tuning-up honda hornet carburetter? Or just guide me to do it my self.

I have seen a one hornet which is tuned to drip water from the silencer. Unfortunately that guy dont like to discover the technician.

Mods please delete this post if against forum rules. Appreciate if you keep this at least for few hours after getting the reply.

8 answers to this question

Can anybody suggest a good technician for tuning-up honda hornet carburetter? Or just guide me to do it my self.

I have seen a one hornet which is tuned to drip water from the silencer. Unfortunately that guy dont like to discover the technician.

Mods please delete this post if against forum rules. Appreciate if you keep this at least for few hours after getting the reply.

Why wont that guy give away the technician. :angry-smiley-024:

Anyways I tried to tune my my bike once by myself after cleaning the carbs. Not easy :action-smiley-060:

And mine is just a single carb thing. Tuning 4 carbs. 4 Times harder :action-smiley-015: I really don't know

Luckily I knew the manufacturer settings. :jumping-smiley-013:

Good luck finding a good tech guy. Not easy when it comes to bikes. Maybe riper can help you out here :whistle2:

Why wont that guy give away the technician. :angry-smiley-024:

Anyways I tried to tune my my bike once by myself after cleaning the carbs. Not easy :action-smiley-060:

And mine is just a single carb thing. Tuning 4 carbs. 4 Times harder :action-smiley-015: I really don't know

Luckily I knew the manufacturer settings. :jumping-smiley-013:

Good luck finding a good tech guy. Not easy when it comes to bikes. Maybe riper can help you out here :whistle2:

Hmm.. correct. I'm also waiting to see rippers answer. :unsure:

I have even the service manual. But its not much clear and it require special tools to tuneup the carburetor.

Hmm.. correct. I'm also waiting to see rippers answer. :unsure:

I have even the service manual. But its not much clear and it require special tools to tuneup the carburetor.

By special tools you mean the thing to check vacum right? I don't remember what they call that. By the way if you find a place where they have that or info about a good mechanic please post that info too.

As I said in my before post I also don't have a mechanic yet. Don't trust the agents either.

No solution for you yet right. Lets give the thread a jump and see what happens.

Machan I did it myself in last weekend. Its working fine. Honda service manual helped me lot. Now I'm having a water dripping silensor :alc:

Seems no Hornet fan here.

Machan I did it myself in last weekend. Its working fine. Honda service manual helped me lot. Now I'm having a water dripping silensor :alc:

Seems no Hornet fan here.

Thats really cool to hear. Hay by the way is it "Honda common service manual" you are having?

Thats really cool to hear. Hay by the way is it "Honda common service manual" you are having?

No. My engine is MC14E which is common for CBR250RR. I'm using that manual. Its very useful.