• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Can Anyone Help Me With The Name Of The Part:

Shashitha

Question

Hi Guys,

I'm having a Honda EG8, carb model. There are about six to seven small hoses attached to a plastic piece which in turn attached to the manifold. Its a part dealing with vacuuming the engine I think. :unsure:

Does any one know this the name of this part? and any place that I can get it, because mine is broken. I tried a few recon part places and they said it can't be found in Sri Lanka, no one knew the name though. :(

15 answers to this question

a picture would help..is this single carb or dual?

Its single carb, cant get you a picture now, but will try to.....

Its plastic and cylindrical shaped. Several hoses are connected to it, one on top and rest on the bottom. Inside the broken piece I see a metal spring king of thing.

Hope this helps for now

Thats a vaccum union sorry I dont know the exact honda term for that.

You can do two things,finding an identicaly matching spare ,if failed you can improvice a spare for that.(you need a mechnic with a good brain for this)

You can find a new Identical spare from Tec motors Panchikawatte if available ...or a used part from US Motors Dehiwala (still not sure about the availability).

In a worse situation buy few vaccume T joints and four joint unions of same diameter (could be from a different make-no issue) from a used car spares joint and ask your mechanic to choose a manifold pick up point and use a T joints and multiply the outlets by using the already purchased T & four joints unions.Finally you have tha matching number of vaccume outlets.Make sure you match the diameter.Thats important.

Remember the part you mentioned helps the auto choke operation as well.

MINIACE

Thats a vaccum union sorry I dont know the exact honda term for that.

You can do two things,finding an identicaly matching spare ,if failed you can improvice a spare for that.(you need a mechnic with a good brain for this)

You can find a new Identical spare from Tec motors Panchikawatte if available ...or a used part from US Motors Dehiwala (still not sure about the availability).

In a worse situation buy few vaccume T joints and four joint unions of same diameter (could be from a different make-no issue) from a used car spares joint and ask your mechanic to choose a manifold pick up point and use a T joints and multiply the outlets by using the already purchased T & four joints unions.Finally you have tha matching number of vaccume outlets.Make sure you match the diameter.Thats important.

Remember the part you mentioned helps the auto choke operation as well.

MINIACE

Thanks Miniace I will try the second option, I called Teck Motors few days back, an they said they will have to order from Japan cuz they dont have it here, they didn't know the name as well.

Thanks Miniace I will try the second option, I called Teck Motors few days back, an they said they will have to order from Japan cuz they dont have it here, they didn't know the name as well.

hey PM sent...check your messages.. :)

No problem ..and there is another good Honda spares joint in Panchikawatte cant remember the name now.The owner is one Mr Munna.got the business card in my office...will post details tomorrow.

MINIACE

No problem ..and there is another good Honda spares joint in Panchikawatte cant remember the name now.The owner is one Mr Munna.got the business card in my office...will post details tomorrow.

MINIACE

Its Access Motors #8 Abeysingharama Rd (opp Tower hall & on right hand side of Abesing rd).Tel 4910323 0714019925.

MINIACE