• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Your First Car

Kadaffi

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just curious really, feel free to answer the following and add any input about your experiences with your first car.

Make:

Model:

Year:

Price:

I'll start with mine

Make: Rover :party-smiley-015:

Model: 214i :o

Year: 1994

Price: £450 :D hey it was my first car afterall!

Slower than a threewheeler climbing a hill! 0-60...a few days! Was bad on petrol, was british racing green, the most boring colour ever! Used to suffer badly from tramlining mainly because it had tyres as thin as CD's!

But i loved it! was my first taste of freedom!..... Until the head gasket blew! :love-smiley-013:

Make: Honda

Model: CRX

Year: 1989

Price: $950 :(

Bought it off the cash I saved on a part time job while in College. Would never buy a Honda again! :(

hey dims is it a car ? n all of us first vehicle is BMX ne... :party-smiley-015:

Its a Baby Tractor Buddy. Its just awesome. Had a speed of around 40-50 kmph.

Before that i had my Velocity built car inside by house. :love-smiley-013: With a Broomstick as the Steering and Chivas Regal Bottle as a Gear Shift.

LOL Small Days. :D

Ok to cut short the crap my first car was a Toyota Corrolla EE91 ( Brand New ) with 1300cc CARB ENGINE.

Make: VW

Model: Beetle 1300

Year: 1962 model

Price: GBP230.00

I think I had the most fun in this car. Not in terms of performance, rather the amount of teen age stuff my friends and I had back in the days. This car took us just about everywhere we wanted to go. Never let us down. Max speed was no more than 60km/h (going down hill).

At times when we could not afford petrol we ran her on paraffin.

We actually used the boot/trunk/diki as a booze cellar. It was always stocked with booze and cigis.

It also had a freaked out paint job (couldn't afford a proper paint job so used aerosole paint cans) and a huge sticker at the back that read - "JUST VISITING THIS PLANET".

I still to this date miss this car. The sentimental attachment is way too much!

Make: Toyota

Model: Carina GT

Year: 1998

Price: 1.4Mil

Make: KUBOTA

Model: LN-1075 ( Baby Tractor Model ) Orange runs with Diesel

Year: 1988

Price: Japanese Grant Aid

I got it when i was 10.

Dims, they were meant for farmers... not 10 year olds to thrash at 50kmph..

:party-smiley-015:

Make: Datsun

Model: 240Z

Year: 1971

wow! thats a pc of history (blessed by Mr. Z himself)...

I worked with this guy who had a 71 he did all the body work done and primered the entire car & then put racing stripes on the primer until he had enough money to paint it. It still looked good :party-smiley-015:

Make: Mazda

Model:AZ-3 ( Autozam )

Year: 1993

Price:800,000 S/L R ( unregistered )

Stock Features : low mileage ( 22000 km ), clean interior & exterior, DOHC 1500cc 16 valve stock engine, Stock seat’s every things come with the car pretty much stock including audio, nice purple mix blue paint

Modes :- Body styling custom GT body kit, NGK plugs, NGK high-tension wire set, Shocks KYB, Opitmus Security system, Wiring Soundstorm, Tweeters JBL, CD/Cas Kenwood, Sub/Wof Kenwood, Amp Blaupunkt ( custom made cover ), other speakers are Pioneer, Seats Recaro, Steering Wheel MOMO, Pedals MOMO, Main Gauge Set – Euro M, Styling, Wheels BSA, Tires Bridgstone, Custom Interior, Bak/light’s ( Euro M )

I bought this in 1998 December n’ had major fun with this car…I know it’s a four cylinder small car but pickup wise I love it ( I’m not comparing this to my RX-7 or the Supra ) ….handling, cornering, braking fantastic, specially in traffic…I almost had this vehicle for 6 years….and I touched 180 couple of times nothings happen…. Even the engine I didn’t have any problems until I sold the car….. this car is always my number one even if I buy a Ferrari this car would be in my heart till I die….…I miss that car

Yeah Praveen I can remember your car…..how can I forget?…

Did the Autozam have the same (BP) engine that was used in the Miata? I've always wondered what parts if any, are similar between an Autozam and a Miata.

My first car was a Doctor Sunny! Utterly boring, also utterly reliable, I treated it like shit yet it gave no trouble. Never got emotionally attached to her though; then I bought an old Merc, lots of problems, but love at first start

:party-smiley-015:

Model: Accord hatchback

Year: 1988

Price: 1000 USD from auction

this was the first car I bought with my own money....used it for 4yrs and 50,000miles until one redneck SOB (didnt have a CDL or DL) lost control of a dump truck and crashed into me...totalled my car and broke some bones. pic>> It was sad cos I painted the whole car and did all repairs myself... I try not to get too attached to a car since then

In SL, I used a Daihatsu Charade, late 80's model, 998cc, 3cyl diesel,Red/blk [3450] I have no idea about the hp. 0-60: eventually.

One time , I had 8 guys in the car(all the seats except driver's were out for upholstery wrk) doing 80Kmph down parlieament rd....those days are gone forever :party-smiley-015:

so many ppl had many life changing experiences in this car :love-smiley-013:

Model: Civic Ferio MX

Price: 7 laks

wow its grate car... fun to drive. blood color with kit. remember the first day we went on a trial with my friend, he broke the front bumper on the very first day... 'cause of that i had to buy dat car

:violent-smiley-030: he he he just kidding not 'cause of dat really its gud looking car.

Make: Mazda

Model: Familia

Year: Bought is (second hand) in 2003

Price: 4.5 laks

Caught fire and had to be condemned in three months (so much for the first car)

And just for records, today I got stranded with a weak battery in the Maruti for the first time since it was bought :violent-smiley-099: And not knowing anything about the gadgets in the ride is freaking annoying and scary. I wish they had the short training (sorta thing) they had a coupla years back organised by some automobile association. Is it still happening?(It's unheard of) If it ain't, why don't some of you experts organize something to help us figure out the messed up wires dangling from inside the bonnet. One could even charge for it.

This is only a suggestion :violent-smiley-030:

Model: Civic Ferio MX

Price: 7 laks

wow its grate car... fun to drive. blood color with kit. remember the first day we went on a trial with my friend, he broke the front bumper on the very first day... 'cause of that i had to buy dat car

:alc: he he he just kidding not 'cause of dat really its gud looking car.

Good lord.... were u the first owner of the "Cherry Baby"? :violent-smiley-030::violent-smiley-099:

this is a pic of my first car, it is a 1992 Ford Taurus GL 3.0 V6, it had everything with 120 HP, a little less power than its big brother the Taurus SHO, but those cars still look good. I had it for 8 months , just sold it a week ago, :violent-smiley-099: , anyways drove my dads cars when i was in sl but those were his not mine. :violent-smiley-030:

Dude when did you buy that car for 800 bux, did you get it recently? and how was the body condition and stuff?

Haha, yeah..I actually bought it about a year and a half ago. The paint was starting to chip a little here and there, but apart from that it was in great shape..cosmetically ofcourse. Power everything, sunroof, alloy wheels, disk brakes all around etc...but those cars depreciate like crazy in the US. It was kind of a blessing that I didn't have to go through the hassle of trying to sell that thing! Guess that cracked out woman without a license who rammed into me did me a real favour!

Make: Mitsubishi

Model: Mirage Coupe'

Bought as a bit of a project from the first owner, cos I thought the car had potential but since the first owner was a sailor a bit neglected in someways so have spent a lot of time and money bringing her to her former glory and I dont even get to drive it for more than 3 weeks a year !!! but it was love at first sight. Has the usual options.

My fist drive was my dads 1967 Toyota Corolla KE20, and this was when i was about 4 years old he he he, ok ok it wasn't a proper drive cos though i had my hands on the steering wheel and really driving my dad has control of everything else, and this was on a private road that belonged to his work place,

The best memories I've had on a car was on my dads Mazda Familia station wagon, it had a 1.3L engine 4FWD, but I am telling you this car moved and the engine was extremely reponsive. Maximum speed I've done on it is about 130 but was hanging on for dear life at this time and I thought the car was going to take off. Hold the record of holding 14 people (including driver) including quite a few in the back, and did 100 even with this load. Was fundly known as the "Ferrari" by my buddies :violent-smiley-030:

The Don

PS. I think Judy has a point about everybody atleast having a basic knowledge about the vehicles they drive. Every driver should be able to basic maintenance such as changing tyres, topping up fluids etc and detect problems with the car. So I think it would be a great service if such as short work shop is organised regularly exactly for that. Cos I learned the little I know about cars hanging arround garrages and reading whatever that came my way, but that might not be everybodys idea of spending a sunday afternoon.

Make: Rover Mini Cooper

Model: 1300cc EFi John Cooper Edition

Price: 8 lakhs

Hehe...Its British Racing Green as well...Love it to bits!! Was the 1st car i owned that was properly under my name...1st car i unofficially owned ( Which means under my parents name ) is a Nissan Sunny Fb-14 which i still have alot of fun in...

Hi Andrew,

If you don't mind can I ask you how did you source your mini ? I have a bit of a soft spot for the John Coopers as well :violent-smiley-030:

The Don

Make:MIni

Model:850

Year:1992

Price:75000

The number is 4 Sri 8010 It was black then.I dont know who owns it now.saw the car a year back in colombo in red abd white.I did the 1000cc conversion for it at a cost of SLR 4500then.sold it after using a painfully long one year @SLR70000 :violent-smiley-030: I hated Minis for sometime after using it cos of the amount of troubles it gave.never had a good mechanic for it then.

Make : Mini

Model : 850

Year : 1988

Price : Rs35'000/=

It was a 850 mini which i brought from a upholsty guy oppesit St. thomas Mt.lavinia.

though it was in a good condition car was crabing, and dont know how to sort it out

those days. i spend abt Rs10'000/= for new tires, altanator, top hose, after abt two years I sold it

for Rs30'000/ as i have to leave the country for work.

my Love for mini's did not die with that car and brought my 2nd mini in 2003 which I name him carlos,

then 2005 i brought my 3rd mini in the country where i work and i name her WUZI which is still with me. same year i brought my pride of joy in SL which i name her EDO she is a 1990 998cc mini mayfair. but immidiatly i sold carlos as his shell was not in original condition. 2006 Jan i brought my third mini its a 1275 SPI auto and i name him PLAGUE. which i believe the name is well suited for my current state of mind...... abt minis. :D