• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Your First Car

Kadaffi

I'm just curious really, feel free to answer the following and add any input about your experiences with your first car.

Make:

Model:

Year:

Price:

I'll start with mine

Make: Rover :)

Model: 214i :appl:

Year: 1994

Price: £450 :music-smiley-026: hey it was my first car afterall!

Slower than a threewheeler climbing a hill! 0-60...a few days! Was bad on petrol, was british racing green, the most boring colour ever! Used to suffer badly from tramlining mainly because it had tyres as thin as CD's!

But i loved it! was my first taste of freedom!..... Until the head gasket blew! :P

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just curious really, feel free to answer the following and add any input about your experiences with your first car.

Make:

Model:

Price:

I'll start with mine

Make: Rover :)

Model: 214i :appl:

Price: £450 :music-smiley-026: hey it was my first car afterall!

Slower than a threewheeler climbing a hill! 0-60...a few days! Was bad on petrol, was british racing green, the most boring colour ever! Used to suffer badly from tramlining mainly because it had tyres as thin as CD's!

But i loved it! was my first taste of freedom!..... Until the head gasket blew! :P

Make: Rover Mini Cooper

Model: 1300cc EFi John Cooper Edition

Price: 8 lakhs

Hehe...Its British Racing Green as well...Love it to bits!! Was the 1st car i owned that was properly under my name...1st car i unofficially owned ( Which means under my parents name ) is a Nissan Sunny Fb-14 which i still have alot of fun in...

interesting topic...

Make: Toyota

Model: Corolla AE110

Year: 1996

Price: LKR 875,000

features: low mileage...gud on fuel...but horrible interior (standard)...ugly beige paint...

experiences: mmm jet black tint so go figure :)...not much really cos i only had the car for 3 months...still a gud car tho but i didnt regret sellin it for an upgrade

Edited by sharkster

interesting topic...

Make: Toyota

Model: Corolla AE110

Price: LKR 875,000

features: low mileage...gud on fuel...but horrible interior (standard)...ugly beige paint...

experiences: mmm jet black tint so go figure :)...not much really cos i only had the car for 3 months...still a gud car tho but i didnt regret sellin it for an upgrade

Make: hyundai

Model: Accent

Year: 2000 model

Price: 1.1 milion

features: low mileage, lether interior, good sound system, ugly set of rims, n slightly good paint..

experiences: this is my fists car but i learn one thing, u can bodykit any vehicle :P

Never had a car in my name :appl: But My first drive was in,

Make: Mazda 323 (1300CC)

Model:b4

Price:700k brand new if I remember

Cant count the number of traffic jams I caused in it while learning to Drive :) Damn the thing had no power steering as well.. But lots of firsts in that car took it to 150 on the galle road after a few shots of black (thats arrack not scotch) Ahh those were the days when you had to try real hard to get copped... Used to love polishing it and keeping it tip top unlike the current owner :P:music-smiley-026:

My first was under my dads name, but I was the regular user :music-smiley-026:

Make: Nissan

Model: Sunny California (B14)

Year: 1986 (I think)

Price: No idea. My Grandfather got it down brand new, as far as I know, My grandma didn't want it when he died, gave it to my father, who didn't use it coz he had his official vehicle. Learned to drive in that.

Features : Original Diesel 1.5L. timing belt accident meant that it got a new 1.8l diesel around 2004. Which was never as good as the original. One of my fathers friends did a sustained run at 140 down to Avissawella once, which is as fast as I've seen it go. A bell used to go off at anything over 110-120 :appl: Natural A/C (aka love and fresh air) . No power anthing :) but amazingly light steering. Such a big and heavy car too. Max passenger capacity was 9 :bud: That included one or two in the boot. Don't ya love wagons? Famously known as the Pre-Mobile. Damn I miss that car.... :P

Wonder if anyone in the drags remembers it :fly: madmax and I used to come in that every damn week during the golden days. :git: No cop would look our way :D I think Dilan and Dims might remember it.... I remember complaining to Dims about trying to keep up with them on the way the Athu .... He was like, "don't worry machang, we'll go slow" ..... zooooom. :)

Edited by Pericles

Make: Honda

Model: Prelude

Year: 89

Price: USD 2500

mileage 150K

i was looking to buy a car my first year of college and I was on a budget. this car was owned by a 60 yr old lady who wanted to sell it for 3500. I spent about 6 hours (no joke) haggling with her to bring it down to 2500. When i sold it, the car had over 200K on the clock and still ran strong. for an 89 it had power everythinhg.. even sunroof :)

Make:

Model:

Year:

Price:

I'll start with mine

Make: Rover ;)

Model: 214i :D

Price: £450 :D hey it was my first car afterall!

But i loved it! was my first taste of freedom!..... Until the head gasket blew! ;)

Make: Mini 800cc

Year: 1972

Price: LKR 42,000 in 1988 :D

Really wanted to own a car and above is what I could afford. It was in the garage more than on the road

:action-smiley-060:

Make: Mazzda Protege LX

Price: USD 800!

Lol..was in great shape, but still a pretty crappy car overall...totally worth the $800 i paid for it though. 1.8l DOHC engine, with the worst automatic tranny ever. Also got horrible gas mileage..max 25mpg on the highway! Had my first accident in that car (it was totalled :action-smiley-060: )...and as a result i got enough money from the insurance company that let me buy a much more fun Civic! So everything turned out great.

Make: Mitsubishi

Model: Lancer 1400GL(box)

Year: 1979/1980

Price: Was brought down new by UnitedMotors back then, I remember seeing the receipts where the car cost around 55k and shipping was around 20K. Whole thing cost around 80K. Wasn't born then but that's what I learnt to drive in.

Features: None :action-smiley-060:? It had a steering wheel and a tricky gearbox. AM radio and an AC that I dont ever remember working in my lifetime. Oh yea it had 4 wheels too. Bought by some dude in Kalutara, I'm skeptical whether the car is intact today. The only funny thing was the boot was pretty high capacity :S

Make: Mazzda Protege LX

Price: USD 800!

Lol..was in great shape, but still a pretty crappy car overall...totally worth the $800 i paid for it though.

Dude when did you buy that car for 800 bux, did you get it recently? and how was the body condition and stuff?

Make: Toyota Ceres [ECT-S] (1600 CC)

Model:AE - 101

Year: 1993

Price:870,000/-

well i bought it she was in perfect condition. privious owner (first) was a 20 year guy and he had gone to switerland for studies, so his mom only used it, and she had used it very carefully with love :angry:

as for a first car, very gud in pickup, had power/man buttons which i used think as if mine was the only car with that option :violent-smiley-099: later i realized dat its NOT!

well... just used pass the pink cars with stickers very fast in zig zag manner, once ther was this golf GT and i thought lets try, and guy who drove it was a gud driver i guess.. heh.. shame dat was!

loved dat car missed dat car. da person who bought it still brings da car to my place, he'v got crashed da front, da back, sides etc. twice this happend now.. he wanted to know wher to get the parts and how to get it repaired :) bad to see dats shes unhappy with da new guy!!!!!

she gave me almost 300,000/- profit.. which and where ma parents rite 'away spend 16 1/2 and got me dis CARINA.. but i wanted a GT. too bad ther were none at dat time. carina is not fully done up yet.. expensive for me, since i have to mange with ma savings, hopefully not after this year. ha!

First car in my name, bought a few months back :)

Make: Toyota Cynos B (1500 CC)

Price:950,000 /=

Before that it was my fathers car

Make: Mitsubishi Lancer (Box - 1300cc)

Year: 1980 (I think)

Price: 140,000 /=

Learnt to drive in this one and is still with the family.

First car I ever started (couldn't drive I was around 7 :angry: ) was my fathers Ford Prefect. It was his first car. The number was EN 3822. Had it since he was a bachelor. He sold it later for 10,000 If I remember correctly. I Will never forget that one :violent-smiley-099:

Make: Ford

Model: Fiesta

Year: F Reg..

Price: £80

Now this has to be the cheapest first car ever.. even if u convert to Rs.. he he..

by the way this car had one years MOT when i got it too...

Insurence was £350 and it cost £20 to have the car sent to the yard after one year..

Make: Datsun

Model: 240Z

Year: 1971

Price: $3500

I still get close to tears remembering it. RWD, a 150 bhp i-6, low kerb weight and hard tires meant that rainy days were hairy/fun. It was truly a great car and the sheer history of it was just a bonus. I did the head gasket in and then sold it off for peanuts to a Z fan who knew the car's true value. The '71 MY was the original Z car and only the second year in the series.

Make: Daewoo

Model: Cielo GLX

Price: 5.40

I'm counting the first car I bought myself... if this counts gifts from parents etc then it would be an eg8 black 91 model.. price dont know...

i've never owned a car ...

my dirst drive was my dad's....

Make Mistubishi

Model 4DR50 Jeep

Year 1966

Value cant say. cos it was bought and done up....

anyway, it was a 3 speed transmission with no power steering or Servo... driving was actually an 'effort'.. i was only 15... and the driving was done on a vast area of gravel in kirinda (on the way to yala)... so i didnt run anyone over :)

Make: Mazda

Model:AZ-3 ( Autozam )

Price:800,000 S/L R ( unregistered )

Stock Features : low mileage ( 22000 km ), clean interior & exterior, DOHC 1500cc 16 valve stock engine, Stock seat’s every things come with the car pretty much stock including audio, nice purple mix blue paint

Modes :- Body styling custom GT body kit, NGK plugs, NGK high-tension wire set, Shocks KYB, Opitmus Security system, Wiring Soundstorm, Tweeters JBL, CD/Cas Kenwood, Sub/Wof Kenwood, Amp Blaupunkt ( custom made cover ), other speakers are Pioneer, Seats Recaro, Steering Wheel MOMO, Pedals MOMO, Main Gauge Set – Euro M, Styling, Wheels BSA, Tires Bridgstone, Custom Interior, Bak/light’s ( Euro M )

I bought this in 1998 December n’ had major fun with this car…I know it’s a four cylinder small car but pickup wise I love it ( I’m not comparing this to my RX-7 or the Supra ) ….handling, cornering, braking fantastic, specially in traffic…I almost had this vehicle for 6 years….and I touched 180 couple of times nothings happen…. Even the engine I didn’t have any problems until I sold the car….. this car is always my number one even if I buy a Ferrari this car would be in my heart till I die….…I miss that car

Yeah Praveen I can remember your car…..how can I forget?…

Make: Mazda

Model:AZ-3 ( Autozam )

Price:800,000 S/L R ( unregistered )

Stock Features : low mileage ( 22000 km ), clean interior & exterior, DOHC 1500cc 16 valve stock engine, Stock seat’s every things come with the car pretty much stock including audio, nice purple mix blue paint

Modes :- Body styling custom GT body kit, NGK plugs, NGK high-tension wire set, Shocks KYB, Opitmus Security system, Wiring Soundstorm, Tweeters JBL, CD/Cas Kenwood, Sub/Wof Kenwood, Amp Blaupunkt ( custom made cover ), other speakers are Pioneer, Seats Recaro, Steering Wheel MOMO, Pedals MOMO, Main Gauge Set – Euro M, Styling, Wheels BSA, Tires Bridgstone, Custom Interior, Bak/light’s ( Euro M )

I bought this in 1998 December n’ had major fun with this car…I know it’s a four cylinder small car but pickup wise I love it ( I’m not comparing this to my RX-7 or the Supra ) ….handling, cornering, braking fantastic, specially in traffic…I almost had this vehicle for 6 years….and I touched 180 couple of times nothings happen…. Even the engine I didn’t have any problems until I sold the car….. this car is always my number one even if I buy a Ferrari this car would be in my heart till I die….…I miss that car

Yeah Praveen I can remember your car…..how can I forget?…

i can remember that car

(not in my name, was in my mothers name)

Make: Nissan

Model: Pulsar 2dr hatch

Year: 1996 YOM

Price: LKR 525K

* used to drive this like an idiot in Malabe road every weekend, escaped death by a whisker many times... coz at that age you are nerver bothered about how to stop the vehicle, all attention is on getting the vehicle to move fast... quickly :D