• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota Chaser,toyota Mark Ii, Nissan Cefiro A33 Or Honda Accord Cf3/4

nihal199

What car is best from these......

Toyota Mark II

Toyota Chaser

Nissan Cefiro A33

Honda Accord CF3/CF4

What car you say best in these category & what will be the all-round best,

Performance-wise,

Comfort-wise

Maintenance-wise

fuel consumption-wise

looking forward to members replys....

Hi Nihal,

First of all let me congratulate you on choosing a bigger Japanese car over a smaller one, most people nowadays go for better fuel consumption and live with small, uncomfortable and relatively unsafe cars.

I will always recommend a bigger car that does 6-7 kmpl rather than a smaller 'sedan' that does 9-10kmpl, do the calculations and see how much you really save per month...nothing!! rather sacrifice a few km's per liter and travel in luxury and relative safety.

Getting down to your question of 'which car', apart from the Honda Accord, all other options you are considering have 6-cylinder engines, both Toyota MKll and Chaser have straight-6 'beams 2000' (developed by Yamaha) 2000cc engines and are pretty much built on the same paltform. Pushing out Approx 140bhp both these cars go by the same model code, '92-'96 model was the X90 and '96-'00 was named the X100, solid, spacious and stupendeously reliable! better resale value thanks to the that Toyota badge riverted to the front grille and boot-lid. You would absolutely love long distance driving in any of these two.

The Honda Accord does'nt come close in this comparison (on the other hand, the Honda Legend would), although well built, it lacks charisma and has absolutely no character especially in this segment, no doubt a good car, but not the kind of car you would spend hours just silently sitting down and looking at..its a doctors car, just like BMW's are cars for guys with small penis's..mind my language, but you know what I mean.

And now for the Nissan's....Let me confess that I have always had a soft spot for Nissan's.., Nissan is Japan's Alfa Romeo, it oozes character, charm and down-right passion..it's thirsty but you would forgive its apetite when you listen to its sweet revving V6 engine, as found in the Cefiro, code named VQ20DE. this engine is so silent you need to constantly check the RPM guage to confirm if its running or not, no wonder it has won the 'Ward's 10 Best Engines' for nine years in a row., it pushes out a respectable 160bhp (NEO-Di version, make sure you buy this version only!) and has more interior space than the Toyota's.

A well tuned VQ20DE NEO Di will retutrn an average of 6-7kmpl if driven sensibly, and the sound that eminates from the tail pipe is like 50 women calling you to bed at the same time!. awesome..

It all boils down to what you want, forget the Honda, the biggest difference is that the Toyota MK2 and Chaser are rear-wheel driven and the Cefiro is a front wheel drive.

On the other hand, the cefiro will be cheaper to buy, consume the same amount of fuel (remember to look for the NEO Di version).

So the difference is front or rear wheel drive..if you are a fan of rear wheel drive, dont give up on Nissan just yet..the Nissan Cedric and the Nissan Laurel are rear wheel driven and still cheaper..better in my opinion too..

Anyway, All the best., Let us know what you end up buying..

HI

Agreeing fully to Randhiv and second same.

Mark ll will be a better bet than the Chaser (100 series) if you want to compare in terms of finding body parts here.

GX 100 6 cylinder Beams engine is better than the 4 cylinder,

by the way I had a GX 100 2.5 ltr vvti the engine that comes on the clugger and that was a real pleasure to drive.

Also Mark ll looks bit better than the Chaser, we also got a 90 series Chaser in teh family for the last 14 yrs, absolutely no problem.

Good luck

First of all let me congratulate you on choosing a bigger Japanese car over a smaller one, most people nowadays go for better fuel consumption and live with small, uncomfortable and relatively unsafe cars.

I will always recommend a bigger car that does 6-7 kmpl rather than a smaller 'sedan' that does 9-10kmpl, do the calculations and see how much you really save per month...nothing!! rather sacrifice a few km's per liter and travel in luxury and relative safety.

machang, as i said just yesterday you need to get into the mindset of a small car user/buyer before making comments about their judgment. for majority of sri lankan car owners a vehicle is more than just a runabout. it is an investment/emergency fund.

we all know how notoriously hard it is to get rid of these 'big cars' and if you do that math for a long-term basis (even a calculation for 1 year is enough) that 2kmpl advantage can turn into a very handsome amount and then you have the headache of the maintenance costs.

see for some folks these extra costs can be offset as costs to upkeep their status /image but for some that money will be their kids college fund or an extra meal or two in the table.

back to the topic, why not consider a Verosa. though i doubt it'll be within your budget (assuming you are after a 100 series Mark II and chaser)

yep...that's a nice ride...

not too common also

yep...that's a nice ride...

not too common also

Thanks guys for responding to me.....

the thing I realized is...vehicles are bloody expensive in Sri-lanka except Willys CJ series where it costs only around 5000-10000.....

I like the Nissan Cefiro A33 coz, its comes in Infiniti badge in here....

But I do like Chaser, & haven't heard about Toyota Verosa before

Thanks guys for responding to me.....

the thing I realized is...vehicles are bloody expensive in Sri-lanka except Willys CJ series where it costs only around 5000-10000.....

I like the Nissan Cefiro A33 coz, its comes in Infiniti badge in here....

But I do like Chaser, & haven't heard about Toyota Verosa before

If you don't mind, what's the budget range you do have in mind? I'm assuming you are new to the SL market... and seem more familliar with $$$ than LKR.. :)

If U need this only for a short period, the ability to get rid of vehicles in this class quickly will be a prob as well..

If you don't mind, what's the budget range you do have in mind? I'm assuming you are new to the SL market... and seem more familliar with $$$ than LKR.. :)

If U need this only for a short period, the ability to get rid of vehicles in this class quickly will be a prob as well..

Yeah I came to Sri-Lanka this June, & will be staying here approximately another 3 or 4 years until my works are done.......I do have to buy myself a SUV & a pick-up truck, so for the car, my budget is around 3-4million.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
... it pushes out a respectable 160bhp (NEO-Di version, make sure you buy this version only!) and has more interior space than the Toyota's.

On the other hand, the cefiro will be cheaper to buy, consume the same amount of fuel (remember to look for the NEO Di version).

why say only buy NEO-Di version?

can the fuel consumption go down to 6km per liter in traffic in non NEO-Di versions?

does A32 2L ehgine come with NEO-Di?

if so should i skip a32 altogether?