• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Milage Or Running Hours?

Duncan

Hold on.. Engine wear is at it’s least when an engine is running at it’s peak efficiency in terms of power generation & fuel consumption. A car consumes the most amount of fuel in traffic conditions .. and consumes the least while doing long distance runs. At the same time the number of km’s a motor can run in it’s lifetime is limited..

Conclusion?? :D

yeah so thats what i'm saying interms of fuel efficiency there, but engine wera, when the engine passes on its power or converts it to the motion of the car the element of resistance is felt more by the car engine, and obviously at higher RPM all components are working much faster than in idle. muchan more the bang more the stress on seals, valves heads the list goes on right? ofcourse the efficiency is non exsistant in idle in terms of fuel consumption but wear and tear on the engine i still would say is at a minimum and i'm not touching the subject of running cold, but running in traffic yeah..

yeah so thats what i'm saying interms of fuel efficiency there, but engine wera, when the engine passes on its power or converts it to the motion of the car the element of resistance is felt more by the car engine, and obviously at higher RPM all components are working much faster than in idle. muchan more the bang more the stress on seals, valves heads the list goes on right? ofcourse the efficiency is non exsistant in idle in terms of fuel consumption but wear and tear on the engine i still would say is at a minimum and i'm not touching the subject of running cold, but running in traffic yeah..

Conclusion- a car runs best at a stable/unagressive RPM say on an open road.. rather than been stuck in traffic on idle..

Dude were you the guy with the subaru???

I just realised what ur one was..haha, how is the old gang at pilla steps?

Lots of news Guys & cars hanging out these days.. in unbelivable how quick some of the sohc's are! Just there was a bit of action last night. Heading over there in a little while to see what the night has in store for us :D

Lots of news Guys & cars hanging out these days.. in unbelivable how quick some of the sohc's are! Just there was a bit of action last night. Heading over there in a little while to see what the night has in store for us :D

Are the newly married lot still a regular feature there? I spoke to J and heard he has a kid and all! Bloody hell..