• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

List Of Flooded Places In Most Used Roads ?

eyepea

Do you guys think it would be useful to have a thread that lists out most common places in roads that get flooded ?

If there is such a thread pls excuse me for doing an inefficient search :action-smiley-060: and send me a pointer instead of a punch :D

With the recent (and still ?) flooded roads this experience would be fresh with most Auto Lanka members.

Well everyone who is driving about will know the flooded places in their daily routes and other experience.

But what if you want to 'go where you have not gone before' in your precious wheeled earth ship :P in flooded conditions ?

Can ask others, may be can call the cops and ask. I dunno.

Does places like auto-mobile association or any web site have updated info on things like this ?

Any advice please ?

I searched the forums for such info and found that there is lot of info even from past years, but they are mixed and buried with lot of other discussions (quite useful technical stuff btw). Learnt quite some useful tips from threads like:

http://forum.autolanka.com/index.php?showtopic=8371

http://forum.autolanka.com/index.php?s...=flood&st=0

http://forum.autolanka.com/index.php?s...=flood&st=0

etc

What am looking for is something as follows only discussing the roads:

Horten place - roundabout to borella traffic lights. Generally ok. Except Wijerama Junc - may be impassable for cars.

Dehiwala hospital road - from nugegoda junc to williams junc galle road, generally ok (at least when I passed last week. But others experience may be different).

Galle rd - from mount lavaniya supermarket to bamba junc was ok.

Reid Avenue - from about prof stanly.... mw junc and well past colombo campus entrance - best avoided, may be impassable for cars.

Jawatta rd - from bullers rd end to thibirigasyaya rd, generally ok, except in somewhere in the center (I could not mark out exactly) may be bad and impassable for cars.

or what ever etc.

Cant be too specific as different people will have different ways of putting things and having too many rules may discourage people to post useful info.

pls suggest what is more suitable.

If there is a dedicated thread for this, can look it up easily and get some guidance. Well I guess some of you may be using phones that can access AL forum on the move or at least can check on a computer before hand. Well as flood condition may change depending on the whether, it may be just a guideline. And will have to be updated too as roads change over months and years. (not hour by hour updates as that kind of thing will not be practical).

Of course the specific location or stretch of road to avoid is a must rather than the name of the road by itself (unless the entire road is best avoided).

Also it will be a general guideline. One might experience light flooding while another on the same spot at a different time can experience very bad flooding.

But if all your experience is shared more useful it would be.

Am dreaming of the day I can look up google maps or something similar and can see the flooding places. Lets hope all roads will not get marked as such :). Someone told me there are people in SL contributing to google maps to mark road names and land marks etc. I dunno if anyone can contribute things like flooding place too. Must check up.

but until then...

What do you think? Good to have this info in autolanka forum in one place?

(if not, sorry for troubling :) )