• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Anyone Uses A Car Cover??

rangerover

Guys,

Does any one of u use a car cover? i bought my self a car cover, and intend on using it on my car, which is parked on the road right in front of my office. One side of the road is for parking for the offices around. Will there be any issue using a car cover, as long is i put a the car number, contact details on the cover along with my visiting card? has anyone here been asked not to use it by the police?

Guys,

Does any one of u use a car cover? i bought my self a car cover, and intend on using it on my car, which is parked on the road right in front of my office. One side of the road is for parking for the offices around. Will there be any issue using a car cover, as long is i put a the car number, contact details on the cover along with my visiting card? has anyone here been asked not to use it by the police?

I've heard that using car covers can damage your paint, if there is any fine dirt and sand trapped between the cover and the body. Anyone can comment on whether this is the case?

And I don't really think it would be a security hazard, it's not like that cops can't remove the cover if they want to, no? Specially if you put your details on a card as you've said. If I had to hide a suspicious car in public, the last thing I would do is draw attention to it with a car cover :D But then again, given how some of our cops think...

Edited by SeanD

1- it being a public road some junkie just might decide to steal it and make a few bucks

2- is it really worth the hassle every morning and evening trying to put on/off a car cover in your nice office attire? what exactly do you want to protect against?

We actually had a huge thread on car covers sometime back. Search for it and see, it had some interesting stuff.

Actually, come to think of it, yeah! And i think it was rangerover who started it, though it was more on choosing one, if i remember right...

I've heard that using car covers can damage your paint, if there is any fine dirt and sand trapped between the cover and the body. Anyone can comment on whether this is the case?

And I don't really think it would be a security hazard, it's not like that cops can't remove the cover if they want to, no? Specially if you put your details on a card as you've said. If I had to hide a suspicious car in public, the last thing I would do is draw attention to it with a car cover :D But then again, given how some of our cops think...

I don't recommend car covers. I had a really nasty experience last year, and had to repaint my trunk lid, and I was using a good quality water proofed cover with a soft cotton interior lining.

I did initiate one on getting a cover.

My issue is parking the car in the sun for 4 hours a day, I wax it once a month and washes it 3 times a week using armorall wash and wax. Is that alone enought to protect the paint from fading and oxidating? if so i can live without the hassle of a car cover

My issue is parking the car in the sun for 4 hours a day, I wax it once a month and washes it 3 times a week using armorall wash and wax. Is that alone enought to protect the paint from fading and oxidating? if so i can live without the hassle of a car cover

I have also tinted my front windscreen with 3M crystalline tint (as well as the shutters). That would provide some additional protection to the interior & plastics.

Apologies!

But IMO 4 hours isnt really that bad. And you really do seemto be taking good care of the pain. So you should be in the OK!

Apologies!

But IMO 4 hours isnt really that bad. And you really do seemto be taking good care of the pain. So you should be in the OK!

i guess having a car cover would be worsening it rather than protecting my paint. Im a bit fussy when it comes to my car paint being glossy and light being crystal white!