• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

You Benefited From The Tax Reduction? Sold Previous One Recently. Got A Brand New One. Still Planning To Get A One. Etc...

sklsaminda

You benefited from the tax reduction? Sold previous one recently. Got a brand new one. Still planning to get a one. etc... ( :jumping-smiley-013: or :violent-smiley-099: ) Simply post your experience here. Then this database will be more helpful for the members who are planning to buy their new vehicle/s, as well as the members who are planning to sell their vehicle/s these days. And the comments from the members who got nothing from the tax reduction, is also well come.

:unsure: :unsure:

I'll start myself with a small story.

As i remember 6 years back (i think its year 2003/2004) we got our family vehicle. (Actually we changed our vehicle.) It was a townace lotto & that days its near to 9 lak. Then after 2-3 weeks the government suddenly increase the import tax, so the market price increased by 30-40%. During last few years we used our lotto. In this year, few days before the sinhala/tamil new year we got a small damage on our vehicle. And few days later a broker came with a buyer and asked about the vehicle. We were not planning to sell our vehicle, but we gave it to him without repairing anything due to damage. In that days we all knew that its very difficult to find a vehicle with good condition & everyone wants to sell their vehicles for absurd prices. I did my best to find a vehicle, but i couldn't. So we went back and see whats happening in the vehicle industry. I also knew about tax reduction, but not with the actual dates its gonna happen. However the day came last week. So again its time to find a good vehicle at least for a realistic figure.

I'll start myself with a small story.

As i remember 6 years back (i think its year 2003/2004) we got our family vehicle. (Actually we changed our vehicle.) It was a townace lotto & that days its near to 9 lak. Then after 2-3 weeks the government suddenly increase the import tax, so the market price increased by 30-40%. During last few years we used our lotto. In this year, few days before the sinhala/tamil new year we got a small damage on our vehicle. And few days later a broker came with a buyer and asked about the vehicle. We were not planning to sell our vehicle, but we gave it to him without repairing anything due to damage. In that days we all knew that its very difficult to find a vehicle with good condition & everyone wants to sell their vehicles for absurd prices. I did my best to find a vehicle, but i couldn't. So we went back and see whats happening in the vehicle industry. I also knew about tax reduction, but not with the actual dates its gonna happen. However the day came last week. So again its time to find a good vehicle at least for a realistic figure.

How much did you sell it for? :)