• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

What Is The Best Car To Buy Rs 1.2mn

shaammika5

corolla 110, FB 15, mazda bj honda EK3, City... <_<

Hopefully if you wait another one month till jap vehicles ship in.. :rolleyes:

wow mate 1.2 million for the list you mentioned (except the honda city which is in a different league than others) seem to redefine the meaning of "optimism". i think the market below 1.5 milllion is not going to move much because of it's large distance in terms of price to typical unregistereded market price.

For 1.3 Mil? You could buy from a selection of brand new (or barely used) midsize sedans in most countries. If you're talking about Sri Lanka, then nothing much...Suggest you up your budget and then go for something, will be much more worth your time. You could check out the AL classifieds (but there's some effing optimistic sellers there too :P)

Edited by SeanD

wow mate 1.2 million for the list you mentioned (except the honda city which is in a different league than others) seem to redefine the meaning of "optimism". i think the market below 1.5 milllion is not going to move much because of it's large distance in terms of price to typical unregistereded market price.

Agreed. 1.2 is EG & FB14 territory me thinks.. Unless the much debated 'crash' happens in which case you could buy an Allion, Camry or SUV :P

Edited by Rebel

Agreed. 1.2 is EG & FB14 territory me thinks.. Unless the much debated 'crash' happens in which case you could buy and Allion, Camry or SUV :P

Say average price of an FB15 = 1,750,000

percentage of effective tax reduction = 30 -35% of total previous price

So, the current price = 1,750,000 * (100-30) /100

= 1,225,000 :rolleyes:

I agree, the problem is the ban of importing cars older the than 3 and half years (except green permit), so that there is no recon cars to compete with these OLD cars.