• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Be Aware!somebody Tries To Manipulate The Second Hand Market With Fake Advertistments

TURBOMAN

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a Where are you Going, coconuts in the bag question.... :)

How can One get hold of the Luxury Tax payment receipts if the previous owner has er... lost them?

Dunno if there's a system of issuing duplicate receipts... but if the car was fully insured (can't imagine driving a luxury vehicle without full insurance) the insurer should have a copy of the last receipt (at least, j********i wanted it) and I think in earlier years there was a practice of the insurer collecting the tax together with the premium - so again the insurer might have a copy.

If it was transferred then RMV should have a copy of all payments upto the transfer... but good luck tracking that down!

same thing happens to me. I'm looking for a Vios. cars just vanish. SOLD...SOLD....SOLD; what remains unsold are either having damaged exterior or asking unrealistic price ....puh

Talking about unrealistic prices on the vios. I spotted one for sale on the motomag website at 1.5 million called them and it was sold. Someting tells me that the car dealer in kohuwala who sold it put up a fake ad. I haven't seen a single vios in any condition for 1.5 million. The one they advertised also came with a body kit. BTW when I called he said ithe one they advertised was sold and now they have one for 2.5 million.

Talking about unrealistic prices on the vios. I spotted one for sale on the motomag website at 1.5 million called them and it was sold. Someting tells me that the car dealer in kohuwala who sold it put up a fake ad. I haven't seen a single vios in any condition for 1.5 million. The one they advertised also came with a body kit. BTW when I called he said ithe one they advertised was sold and now they have one for 2.5 million.

Best thing to do is put few adds collectively with low prices of few famous car models.

Once people call, we can say its sold the morning to first comer.

Lets see how market behave.

Best thing to do is put few adds collectively with low prices of few famous car models.

Once people call, we can say its sold the morning to first comer.

Lets see how market behave.

oh well...

put yourself in those peoples shoes :)

quite possibly those "famous" cars were bought at a premium and nobody wants to loose money if there are people willing to buy them even at a higher price.

Which is why those cars are still getting sold and that too pretty fast.

Putting a few adverts with lower prices wont work IMHO due to crazy demand for certain super popular models.

Well guys see how many has faced to the same sort of incidences.

So at least now Believe there is Bloody vampires who are trying to suck blood out of innocent peoples hard earned money.

So be careful,the real car market is not what you see in advertisements..........it is fake

"GUYS TAKE THIS MESSAGE TO YOUR PEOPLE,WE CAN MAKE A CHANGE.DONT ALLOW THOSE BUGGERS TO HURT OUR PEOPLE"

Lets start a campaign

By analyzing the market,i think these are the maximum prices for below mentioned vehicles(approximatively)

1.Toyota 110- 16lks

2.Toyota Vitz(old) 12-15lks

3.Toyota Vios 18lks

4.Toyota121 25lks-30lks

5.Allion 30-35

6.FB15 14-15

7.Carina 212 15-17

Please tell me what you think? and please ad more with their maximum price

I was looking around 16.4m the first person who came to see the car offered me 16.1m. So the car was sold by 12 noon on the same day I advertised.

I sold the car to get a new vitz around 2m-2.15m. ultimately after selling my old car the unregistered car price went up and up due to greedy car sale people and the importers. Ultimately I had to spend 2.5m to get a 2007 car.

I am sure the guy who sold the car to me have brought down the car to 1.9-2m???!!!

What made you price it at 16.4 million? I want to meet the guy who bought your vitz for 16 million :D :D :D (sorry, cudnt resist)

By analyzing the market,i think these are the maximum prices for below mentioned vehicles(approximatively)

1.Toyota 110- 16lks

3.Toyota Vios 18lks

4.Toyota121 25lks-30lks

5.Allion 30-35

6.FB15 14-15

7.Carina 212 15-17

There was a magazine (MotorMag?) that used to carry price indications for common models... do they still do it? (does the magazine still exist?)

My boss sold his 1999 G registration FB15 Ex Saloon with 140k+ on the meter for 1.5m last week. And this was even without advertising.

So I would say FB15 (esp. J or K registrations) are selling for much higher than that. Not in a position to comment on the rest, but for this kind of exercise to be useful I think you would need to track engine sizes (e.g. 212 1.5l / 1.8l) and trim levels.

1.Toyota 110- 16lks

3.Toyota Vios 18lks

4.Toyota121 25lks-30lks

5.Allion 30-35

6.FB15 14-15

7.Carina 212 15-17

To my knowledge most of above prices are not correct. Obviously we cannot find a Vios for less than 2mil. I guess u r lucky to find even at 2.2. Carina 212 english letters go above 2.1 as well. FB 15 obviously being sold at much higher prices, 2001 goes well above 17. A good condition Toyota 110 crystal light is also goin well over 17

1.Toyota 110- 16lks

3.Toyota Vios 18lks

4.Toyota121 25lks-30lks

5.Allion 30-35

6.FB15 14-15

7.Carina 212 15-17

Market prices are much higher than what you have quoted. Or are you saying this is what these models 'should' sell for? in that case as i already told someone it doesn’t matter what one person think.

"GUYS TAKE THIS MESSAGE TO YOUR PEOPLE,WE CAN MAKE A CHANGE.DONT ALLOW THOSE BUGGERS TO HURT OUR PEOPLE"

Lets start a campaign

Machang what do you say we start a campaign against the proposed new constitutional reforms as well??? Will pave the way to run for the office at Diyawanna Oya too.

I have a Where are you Going, coconuts in the bag question.... :)

How can One get hold of the Luxury Tax payment receipts if the previous owner has er... lost them?

I guess you can collect their duplicates/copies from the RMV. Something like that happened to a vehicle we have and as I remember, a person at RMV helped to sort it out...

XXX

Yes your right.

These are "should be prices" and its true that these are my personal opinions

I just want your ideas and to make an awareness among the innocent people (who are willing to buy a vehicle.)

But anybody who wants to buy a car at a higher price ,its his personal thing.

I want to defeat this mafia,thats it.

1.Toyota 110- 16lks

3.Toyota Vios 18lks

4.Toyota121 25lks-30lks

5.Allion 30-35

6.FB15 14-15

7.Carina 212 15-17

maybe if you stopped being obsessed and narrow minded over a few models like those and hence creating a greater demand for them, the prices would go down.

If you are want luxury and class and more than what a corolla offer and think that the only option is an allion, and have 3.5 mil pt in another 100k and buy this...

http://www.autolanka.com/ad.asp?ID=33449

or this and save some cash...

http://www.autolanka.com/ad.asp?ID=34990

or 2 of these

http://www.autolanka.com/ad.asp?ID=17772

XXX

Yes your right.

I just want your ideas and to make an awareness among the innocent people (who are willing to buy a vehicle.)

what mafia mate...

when it comes to used cars...people have paid higher prices to acquire them under previous tax rate prices so you can't expect them to be willing loose a couple of laks barely months after this new taxing came in.

if you have a car and paid a higher price earlier are you willing to loose a few laks in selling it now?

especially when you know there's still a demand for such cars and people are still willing to buy them

It's nothing about a seller trying to be vampires and all that childish stuff...

If you don't like a car for a certain price...walk away... end of story.

that seller is not trying to shove in down you throat now does he.

he simply want to recover as much money he can from his car which is not immoral or illegal.

This seller bashing maybe cool but it doesn't make much sense unless you're one of those really cool chaps whose willing to loose out when selling your own car.

maybe if you stopped being obsessed and narrow minded over a few models like those and hence creating a greater demand for them, the prices would go down.

If you are want luxury and class and more than what a corolla offer and think that the only option is an allion, and have 3.5 mil pt in another 100k and buy this...

http://www.autolanka.com/ad.asp?ID=33449

or this and save some cash...

http://www.autolanka.com/ad.asp?ID=34990

or 2 of these

http://www.autolanka.com/ad.asp?ID=17772

:jumping-smiley-013:

Ripper

mate youve got the wrong end of the stick

Please read the first few articles of this descussion

Its not about a sellar selling the vehicle

its about "FAKE ADS" to inflate the real prices

so please talk on that

and dont take it personally please

The result of your so called 'fake adds' is other sellers also try thier luck at raising their prices. And they continue to do it as long as other peolpe dont mind buying those over-priced cars :)

Ripper

mate youve got the wrong end of the stick

Please read the first few articles of this descussion

Its not about a sellar selling the vehicle

its about "FAKE ADS" to inflate the real prices

so please talk on that

and dont take it personally please

i'm not taking anything personally mate :)

not into car selling business or anything remotely close to that.

After this tax cut there has been unrealistic expectations by many people here for the local used market to crash that quite didn't happen.

Just pointing out the fact that the market hasn't crashed and it's not unfair to demand a certain price for cars ad their owners see fit.

you calling it a mafia and those sellers vampires etc is not exactly fair.

it's their right to demand and your right to walk away if you're not happy with it...simple

Edited by Ripper

XXX

Yes your right.

I am not surprised even if the Mafia you are refering to is present here in this forum as well. It is a forum and one of the best places to be present for the "Mafia" and spread their message of the market. You see when this mafia wants to buy your used vehicle they say the market is down and the vehicles have no value and when they want to sell they say the market has had no hit at all and no one has brought down the prices. Whether the import duty goes up or down, the mafia is there to take the maximum benefit.

While its admirable sentiment, I doubt it having any real effect.

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups". The car sellers don't. They raise prices, large groups of (mostly misinformed) people buy, creating a new price point for the market.

I am not surprised even if the Mafia you are refering to is present here in this forum as well. It is a forum and one of the best places to be present for the "Mafia" and spread their message of the market. You see when this mafia wants to buy your used vehicle they say the market is down and the vehicles have no value and when they want to sell they say the market has had no hit at all and no one has brought down the prices. Whether the import duty goes up or down, the mafia is there to take the maximum benefit.

You are absolutley right!!!! Before this tax nonsense came about, we were a happy family who were bickering over Bare Butt Dynos, Loud Stereos, how fast have you gone, how much mileage per litre, When the next boozefest, drags, etc... but then with the drop in taxes, we started seeing a different breed of Forum members... some of them are Agents little errand boys promoting crappy Indian cars, some of them were tech savvy yet moronic Brokers who were trying to get a feel of whats out there in the cyber world when it comes to cars, and then there is another bunch of losers who are clueless about most cars, drives imaginary GTRs, would not know a cranskshaft if one was used to sodomize them, BUT feints knowledge of car prices, tax brackets, japanese auctions, ect, ect....

Honestly mate, most of the members here care about the actual working of the machine... not the tax, the cost, the resale value, not the liters per KM or Km per litre or whatever, not what the Gampaha sale is selling at, what the Kohuwala sale is asking for or whatever, or who asked for what from who and got screwed by whom becasue of some rust on the damn car.

The Mafia you refer to is a figment of your own imagination and if exists, you may be one of them.

Honestly, all you see on AL now is FUEL CONSUMPTION, TAX, NEW PRICE, OLD PRICE and lame ass attempts by some moron trying to promote his own rust bucket!!!

Compared to you lot, I'd rather debate with Sylvi as at least he is knowledgeable on something!