• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

B4 Fixing A Wheels Do U Guys Think About The Tyre Profile Or The Rim Size That Affect Ur "km" & ""speed"

unknown

Question

Hei i think about this when u install new rim set with new tyre size do u guys care about the affect on speed and km's

i do, bcoz i want to install new set of rims

Standard Rim 14" tyre profile 185/60

for me closer tyre set is 16" 215/45 effect is (+0.09%)

if u install bigger wheels ur car may go faster and tic more km, but i think u can set it up

is true need fee back guys

how about urs

bye :D

10 answers to this question

Hei i think about this when u install new rim set with new tyre size do u guys care about the affect on speed and km's

i do, bcoz i want to install new set of rims

Standard Rim 14" tyre profile 185/60

for me closer tyre set is 16" 215/45 effect is (+0.09%)

if u install bigger wheels ur car may go faster and tic more km, but i think u can set it up

is true need fee back guys

how about urs

bye :D

as i know larger the rim size reduce the tire profile is better... to keep meters clean ... check this out http://www.net-comber.com/tirecalc.html

i've heard that smaller the tire profile higher the fuel consumption. don't know how true this statement is, it's something i heard somewhere. what do you guys think??????? is their such connection???????

its treadwidth i think ... when treadwidth is high, more grip, high fuel consumption

Correct me if i am wrong,Some of the cars has spec sticker on the interior door panel has the max size. I rember seeing this on a 4

Increased rim size plus a higher profile means more rolling resistance.... therfore higher fuel consumption and wastage as more energy is used on getting the tire rolling... switch to low profile on our roads and u gonna have to replace shocks and other suspension parts quicker... due to a choppier ride as the tire does not absorb bumps as well as a high profile, better handling on a low pro though.... your butt and back will probably take a beating as well.....

regards

Also adding...

Have you seen these alloys which pops out the tyres to the outside? Its noisy and the vehicle loose traction too. I dont know why the hell people use those...