• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Saab Performance

albertho

Excellent... Good Job albertho...

I just love Saab (especially the new shape 93), It's a wonderful ride...

BTW, Is there any Saab in SL guys? I've seen plenty of Volvos (even yesterday I saw a C70 convert near Kalubowila hospital), but I have never seen or heard any Saab..

OMG albo that is sum insane driving man...nice vid thanks

saabs r indeed gorgeous...even the old saab 900 turbos were absolute maniacs n fit into an insurance group to suit it...i dont think there r any saab's in SL bhara but i wudnt b surprised if there were

OMG albo that is sum insane driving man...nice vid thanks

but i wudnt b surprised if there were

Yes machan, I agree with you, but there are plenty of cars which are more expensive than Saab being brought down to SL, I wonder why no body brings down this baby... :angry-smiley-005:

Actually I've seen a Saab in Sri Lanka, I remember seeing one on Elvitigala Mw last December. I can't remember the model but it looked like a later 900 model. That's about all I've seen, I'm sure there aren't many, and I doubt there's even a service agent in SL.

glad you guys liked it ... i really enjoyed watching it. its not the same as watching an evo doing the same .. this is so different and nice !!! dunno how to explain the feeling : :angry-smiley-048:

check this out when u guys r free, its a bit long though, but crazy !!! ...

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8...5012850&q=drift

Ya, Interesting, thanks machan... :)

its the driving thats commendable and not the car. cuz its the most repulsive car on the road....swedish garbage

I can't agree with that statement- Saabs are engineered with a clinical elegance that very few auto-manufacturers can rival (anyone who's driven one/been in one might agree).

Best way to find out is the do a net search on reviews by Brit/US magazines on any Saab- while not perfect, there is always a positive aspect to the cars design and performance.

We have Saab to thank for one major engineering feat: Turbocharging petrol sedan cars(!!!) As early as 1981, the Saab 99 Turbo was the first incursion of TC'ing in a 4 door car...we could possibly call it the grand-uncle to the Rex's and Evo's of today....

There's one Saab in SL that i know of- its a 1988 9000 turbo- driven overland from Kuwait in 1990 as the gulf war broke out- it made it all the way to India, i believe, before being shipped over to SL.

Saab is now part of the GM group, and shares some of the platform and underpinnings with the Opel/Vauxhall/GM cars...

Saab is now part of the GM group, and shares some of the platform and underpinnings with the Opel/Vauxhall/GM cars...

Not only the Saab but also the Volvo is part of the GM, I guess.....

its the driving thats commendable and not the car. cuz its the most repulsive car on the road....swedish garbage

What's wrong with Swedish cars? Just because the early ones didn't care much about look, both manufacturers have now switched gears. I think the new Volvos and Saabs look fine actually.

Close- Volvo is owned by another one of the "Big 3"....Ford...

www.ford.com- the initial page actually shows off which brands fall under the ford hammer...

Ooops! Sorry machan, you are correct :(

What's wrong with Swedish cars? Just because the early ones didn't care much about look, both manufacturers have now switched gears. I think the new Volvos and Saabs look fine actually.

I agree with you mariner, I like swedish cars. I love the Volvo XC90 also the new shape Saab93 is awesome...

Hey Albertho, did you manage to get hold of those tyres for the Type-R? I'm looking for some at the moment too, my back ones are almost illegal.

I think I'll get some Toyo Proxes T1-Rs.

BLAZIN> hi bro, bridgestone said they'll get it down for me within a month. too long for me to wait, so until then i bought a set of kumho's (happy drifters) eheheh not much of traction but im not tracking it. if u want kunho's i'll try and ship it from here .. costed me close to 300dirhams each, bridgestone said they'll give bridy's for 550dh each. any help please email me [email protected] please email me some pics too ... would love to see. i guess this is off topic so lets stick to email for this :P i know a guy here who tracks his car pretty often, ordered 8 tyres at once coz he said if he runs a flat he has to wait a month for the tyres to come !!!