• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Unregistered Car

AbeysinghE

BLu3HaZe you are correct but i dont think any car in sri lanka Worth every penny but i mean by saying Worth every penny is it's better to spend on jap recon than maruti.

Only if that recon has an Auction Grade* of 4 and above.

*=http://japanimport.co.uk/auctiongrade.htm

Otherwise Maruti-Suzuki is the better option.(Barring the bare-bones Maruti800, Omni and the entry-level Alto 'F8')

P.S.

I think Sri Lanka is the only export market of Maruti-Suzuki, where the cars are badged with that Maruti prefix. This name seems to have a negative effect on these Indian Suzukis because their earliest cars suffered heavily from quality issues.(In India they use that name because indians have a brand loyalty towards that prefix)

Remember the other Indo-Japanese cars that made it into Sri lanka?

Toyota Qualis ( Toyota-Kirloskar Motors)

Honda City & Accord (Honda Siel Cars / Shriram Group)

Mitsubishi Lancer (Hindustan Motors)

None of them had any prefixes to their Japanese names.

Further none of them offered 'Value For Money like Maruti-Suzuki did.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everybody,

I'm new to this forum.I'm going to buy my first car in March.But I'm wondering what is the best car i should buy??????...my expectations are as follows..can anybody give some expert ideas please...that will really help me a lot..

I'm looking for a sedan..can anybody help me on this?...my maximum budget is Rs. 2.8 million.

Thanks.

Abey.. :rolleyes:

There's a whole bunch of unregistered hatchbacks you can buy for that amount and a brand new i20 for just 2.4 mil. That probably comes with a warranty as well.

Hmm interesting comment.. but then the "S" Mode in Cars like the Honda Jazz etc... they must be for "Sport Mode" right? I was wondering why everytime I shifted to S mode in my friends Allion, it just revved higher and went no where.. :S But in the Honda Jazz, my god it became a pocket rocket... :unsure: amazing.....

Yep i was talking about the allions s-slow mode not the honda's s-sport mode

Hi guys,

Thanks for all the replies and useful discussions.I just thought to increase my budget from one million and go for a AXIO G grade.I think it's possible with my new budget of 3.8 million.If i import directly I think i can own 2008 Axio G grade or maybe X limited one for that price..does anybody know whats the difference between AXIO G and XLI?..they seem to be same other that push start of AXIO G ..whats your comments guys..please help me I want to buy a car ASAP....

Abey :rolleyes:

Hi guys,

Thanks for all the replies and useful discussions.I just thought to increase my budget from one million and go for a AXIO G grade.I think it's possible with my new budget of 3.8 million.If i import directly I think i can own 2008 Axio G grade or maybe X limited one for that price..does anybody know whats the difference between AXIO G and XLI?..they seem to be same other that push start of AXIO G ..whats your comments guys..please help me I want to buy a car ASAP....

Abey :rolleyes:

If you import directly to you'r name you can import axio G grade for 3.8 million

difference between corolla axio G and X is X dont have climate controlled ac,tachometer(rpm meter) and push start. so price difference between axio G and X is 0.4 million

congratulation and good luck with you'r processing corolla axio :D

Edited by nexus

If you import directly to you'r name you can import axio G grade for 3.8 million

difference between corolla axio G and X is X dont have climate controlled ac,tachometer(rpm meter) and push start. so price difference between axio G and X is 0.4 million

400,000 rupees for climate control, a tachometer and a start button? :huh:

Great..then i will go for AXIO,..I think X limited is having climate control A/C ...but push start is available with G.I'm thinking about second hand market as well..so i think going for a G is a smart idea in Sri Lanka.. :rolleyes:

400,000 rupees for climate control, a tachometer and a start button? :huh:

dont get my post wrong Big_D i do not say they are worth the money but if you buy a from a car sale that is the price difference between axio X and G

Edited by nexus