• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota Allion And Premio

rockerz

From using a corolla 121 and moving in to a 2004 e46, i can easily say the difference in feel is quite apparent

1. The corolla 121 with EPS gives more rattles than a bmw. The bmw rattling can be sorted out by replacing the lower arms for abt 30,000. But the corolla steering rack is 75,000

2. The ability to get part numbers an order parts is something i found very convinient

3. I can easily say that i dont need to drive in excess of 60 km/h to achieve driving pleasure.

While agreeing that allion's and premio's are absolutely great cars in their own merit because they serve all intents and purposes of the targeted car buyer, I do believe that comparable euro cars give far greater user experience and value for money if procured second hand

After all life is too short to be conservative and satisfying the general public

why should someone bother? let them realize. I'm not saying Toyota sucks or bad or crap. Prices are too too too exaggerated and buying at that high price is completely insane for me.

it's a blessing for us that those idiots(?) don't turn onto euros. Still can enjoy a better ride with a lower investment.

Apoi, yes!!

From using a corolla 121 and moving in to a 2004 e46, i can easily say the difference in feel is quite apparent

1. The corolla 121 with EPS gives more rattles than a bmw. The bmw rattling can be sorted out by replacing the lower arms for abt 30,000. But the corolla steering rack is 75,000

2. The ability to get part numbers an order parts is something i found very convinient

3. I can easily say that i dont need to drive in excess of 60 km/h to achieve driving pleasure.

While agreeing that allion's and premio's are absolutely great cars in their own merit because they serve all intents and purposes of the targeted car buyer, I do believe that comparable euro cars give far greater user experience and value for money if procured second hand

After all life is too short to be conservative and satisfying the general public

Well said.

no doubt e46 is a better purchase than corolla anyday. but allion/premio might serve better for someone seeking a newer car and it's advantages over vehicle dynamics.

bdw what do you think of MarkX? some member noted it can be had for little over 5 million. (YOM 2007) 215hp (more powerful than bmw 320s), RWD, multilink and double wishbone suspensions all around. more space than 3 series. looks like markX is a very good value proposition that can deliver a newer car with good dynamics at a price significantly cheaper than german rivals.

Edited by isurujosh

no doubt e46 is a better purchase than corolla anyday. but allion/premio might serve better for someone seeking a newer car and it's advantages over vehicle dynamics.

bdw what do you think of MarkX? some member noted it can be had for little over 5 million. (YOM 2007) 215hp (more powerful than bmw 320s), RWD, multilink and double wishbone suspensions all around. more space than 3 series. looks like markX is a very good value proposition that can deliver a newer car with good dynamics at a price significantly cheaper than german rivals.

Yup, seen quite a few of the MarkX on the road... looks pretty mean with those head lights, stylishly designed I would say. I would think it'll be a lot more than 5 million. Need to go check it out..

Yup, seen quite a few of the MarkX on the road... looks pretty mean with those head lights, stylishly designed I would say. I would think it'll be a lot more than 5 million. Need to go check it out..

http://www.autolanka.com/ad.asp?ID=43349 this one is "advertised" 5.7 million. so it is believable that you can personally import an example for 5.2 mllion.

i checked out an example last week and it sure felt very good, more comfy seats, "waaaaay better" engine, interior, handling, bells and whistles than allion/premio. that's lot more car for only an extra million in price. i am surprised why not many are around.

Agreed! Mark X is a very good car. Hence the probable stepmother treatment in the second hand market later on. :alc:

http://www.autolanka.com/ad.asp?ID=43349 this one is "advertised" 5.7 million. so it is believable that you can personally import an example for 5.2 mllion.

i checked out an example last week and it sure felt very good, more comfy seats, "waaaaay better" engine, interior, handling, bells and whistles than allion/premio. that's lot more car for only an extra million in price. i am surprised why not many are around.

Totally agree with you, and considering the fact that its not far apart from an allion in the price department i would definitely go for it.But since Sri Lankans face a dilema about how big engines dont do good on fuel i doubt many will actually buy 2.5L car, to most thats an overkill :rolleyes:

oh i am sure when this "so called" winker mirror is found on an euro car then your kind of people call it "Bells and Whistles" , so cut the crap please.

ha ha ha couldn't agree with you more on this. It seems these options are only to be made fun of if the manufacturing plant is based in far east lol

I don't get how the wife and kids change preference of an E39 to an Allion unsure.gif BMWs are very reliable when they're taken good care of after all, even older ones. And even a Toyota would give trouble if neglected due to lack of time cuz of the family...

As for the 'winker mirrors', it's obviously not used as a main marketing point for a Euro car, because there are many more important things to say about those cars :)

Well its like this buddy, when you have kids the priority in getting from A to B is to get there in one piece with out any 'rasthiyadu' getting there in style comes second.

1) I'd think its being a bit over-ambitious hoping that a 3 year old car has done only 15000km. That works down to only about 13km per day.

3) i disagree, the 15 year old car has already gone through its largest depreciation phase by now... So in another 15 years, the 30 year old BMW would have depreciated less than the 15 year old Alion.

4) if you want to buy a car to impress your neighbors or the "common-folks" then you dont necessarily need to buy a 4.0mil car for it. A nice set of shiny gates with stainless steel n brass would cost a lot less.

5) for all you know the Recon Alion you might have also had a lot of dents and scratches fixed locally before it hit the car-sale floor.

Regarding points 1 and 5, i agree not all cars that are imported to SL are in pristine condition. There are sellers who only think about selling a car on the day and don't think too much about the possibility of selling another to the same buyer in couple of years time. As IJ has mentioned if you look hard enough its not impossible to find a fine specimen. Isn't that the case when buying a used Euro car too?

About your number crunching, obviously to have such low millage they are not been used on a daily basis. According to my Chinese build calculator that works out to almost 100km for a week. Now that's not all too unrealistic for someone who take public transport during the work week.

On point number 4, since there's lot of talk in this forum about people buying Axios to show off to their neighbors i was thinking doesn't the same apply to people who buy older euro cars. Can't they be categorized as individuals with a limited budget who want to stand out from the crowd? Can’t the people who label themselves as petrol heads and talk about their(euro cars) impressive figures in HP, torque and what not be compared to the new breed of local tree huger boasting about the environmental friendliness of their hybrids...

Well whether you buy a euro or a jap and the purpose u buy it for is a personal decision and dependent on individual tastes and needs. Whilst we all should respect it in that context, bogus claims and the promoting of exorbitant prices on some of these JDM's (even other makes for that matter) should not be allowed. After all we are automotive forum, not a promoting ground for car sellers and their henchmen

Also, I'm sure many of us agree that the Allion/axio/premio and other mass market cars are the best options for most of the average car users in this country, but what many arguments stem from is the justification of the premiums paid for such cars

• 2 weeks later...

hey thats not a fully loaded Mark X...see carefully it doesnt even have multi function or push start!

No push start means its autogear so does that u can't pushstart it when the battery is dead

Very important option

dude thats the new option....bdw..Mark X is a luxury executive car...so whats the point of buying it without the luxury options??? you get the multi function even in the Axio..

hey thats not a fully loaded Mark X...see carefully it doesnt even have multi function or push start!

i think some couldn't care less for the two features you just mentioned. if i have electrically adjustable seats (driver and passenger), tv/dvd, reading lights, vanity mirror for passenger then it's more than enough. comfort and performance will be same among all these various 2.5L V6 models.

good news for guys who are gonna purchase a Allion/Premio...the price has been reduced for these cars due to the increase in demand for hybrids

Your being waaay too pushy trying to push this dumb assumption on too many threads. I'm smelling something fishy here. Like a sale owner trying to whip up some demand for models he has in stock by lying about it being low priced. Wouldn't be the first time.

i think some couldn't care less for the two features you just mentioned. if i have electrically adjustable seats (driver and passenger), tv/dvd, reading lights, vanity mirror for passenger then it's more than enough. comfort and performance will be same among all these various 2.5L V6 models.

you still dont get it dude....whats the point of driving a luxury car without any luxuries?....