• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Is It Ok To Convert Petrol To Gas?

shihan_2002

Question

4 answers to this question

Hi

Is it ok to convert petrol to gas ? coz as i know some ppl say its not good for the car ....is it true? please share your thoughts ..

Thank You

hmm... every good question. i too have heard of this and would like to know how true it is.

from what i've heard the problem is in the conversion kit. it seems the standard of the kits are not that high.

there is nothing wrong with converting the car to gas but pls do your research before going down that road. my old company gassed most of their cars (nissan AD wagons) and they all drastically dropped in the mileage per gallon.

on petrol they were doing 8 or 9 and on gas they only did 5. and they did 5 no matter how hard or slow u pushed it. the kit doesn't wary the amount of gas sent to the engine. they aparently have a new kit which does regulate according to your driving style (EFI for gas if you will ;) ) but that didn't work successfully when it was tried by the office

anyways, the conversion peopl tell you that your km/gallon will drop when gassed. that versus the cheaper price, you will only see a saving after 2 years.