• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Mazda Carburator Engines Performences

NALEEN

Question

hi Guys

I need your help to sort out a Agony.

i have mazda 323 Lx 1300cc carburetor engine yom 1995

I have very poor fuel consuption 7-8 per liter what are the possible problems with this ( i can grantee this is not because of my driving style ) I tried with several mechanics but still not done. When i swtch on Ac i'm getting serious Jerk and still no one able to find the reason for that . Please help me on this

cheers

2 answers to this question

hi Guys

I need your help to sort out a Agony.

i have mazda 323 Lx 1300cc carburetor engine yom 1995

I have very poor fuel consuption 7-8 per liter what are the possible problems with this ( i can grantee this is not because of my driving style ) I tried with several mechanics but still not done. When i swtch on Ac i'm getting serious Jerk and still no one able to find the reason for that . Please help me on this

cheers

Big jerk in the sense engine starts shuddering excessively or one time jerk as A/C engages? If engine shudders continuously, then it must be due to a faulty idle-up circuit/valve/system which ideally should speed up the engine (typically a vacuum operated valve triggered by an electric relay for carb systems). It has nothing to do with the fuel consumption assuming it's the idling up issue.

If the idle up system works fine, then it can be due to stuck up/partially stuck up A/C compressor. Reason could be a bearing would've given up or excessive refrigerant in the system which makes the compressor stiffer than usual to turn. If you want to make sure the compressor runs freely, ask your A/C technician to remove the belt and turn A/C pulley and see whether it turns freely.

For your fuel efficiency issue, check the tail end, spark plugs for carbon build ups. If there's carbon build up in the tail end and on spark plugs then the mixture needs to be re-adjusted. Either it's worn out fuel jet which results in high in flaw of fuel or lack of air. Check the air cleaner element and replace if it's clogged/blocked. If it doesn't help, consult an expert in carburettor tuning.