• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Life Time Of Modern Cars

rcboy2005

i am new to this autolanka forum. This may be seems stupid question but as a guy who don't have much money to buy a vehicle that last only few years this is important to me.

i have two wheels one toyo dx wagon (ke72) and Mitsubishi 4dr5 (j24).check them out. both are made 80s but still i drive those with little running repairs and didn't even touch engine and gear box. both had passed smoke test also.

recently i hav sold my 16 sri wagon for 600K and i wish to buy a vehicle around 1.6 Million. May be a vitz or swift .(if u have any good suggestions than this plz let me know ).But these vehicles are normally registered in around 2002. so now its 2011 and these nearly 10 years old.

Do you think that i will be able to drive these vehicles also for another 10 years without engine and gear box repairs and sell it for a worth price.

cz lot of ppl saying that now a days life time of a vehicle is 5 - 10 yrs. If this swift, vitz not capable of this is there any vehicles that full fill my need ?

Thanks a lot.

1- The resale value of the car in 10 years would depend solely on you and how you use/maintain it. If you hack the shit out of it even a Toyota's value will drop like a rock. And you probably will face some engine/transmission repair during the course of 10 years.

2- From what i gather you dont want your car to depreciate in market value. Well that'll depend on the state of our nation in 10 years.

On a side note, you have to realize that the luxury of personal transport (may it be a motorcycle or a S-class) comes at premium cost of maintenance and depreciation. If you dont like it i guess the only solution is public transport

cz lot of ppl saying that now a days life time of a vehicle is 5 - 10 yrs. If this swift, vitz not capable of this is there any vehicles that full fill my need ?

Thanks a lot.

Just check for your self how many cars of early English numbers and before are running on roads!! Life time of a vehicle is dependent on the owner. It could vary from a few days / months (remember the pics of the crashed allion) to however long it is maintained well.

There is no certainty that every modern car is going to go bust in 20 years. Although reliability, durability and most importantly the ability to repair easily may not be up to the level when Jap production/design quality was at its best a couple of decades ago. Pretty much everything is use-throwaway/recycle these days.

Can think of anything to recommend for you unless you want to go for a commercial/military grade vehicle with high quality engine and drive train. :D So stick to the golden rule machan, “get a well maintained car and keep it that way”. There won’t be much of a difference on engine life whether it`s a Vitz or Swift these are all small cars designed to be marketed for a cheaper price. But it doesn't mean then wont live long if you take good care of em. :lol:

Oh and on a side note, dont you think that life is too short to use the same car for 10 years? Trust me, Vitz`s and Swift`s are not like good old classics, you`ll be dying to get rid of the car and get another one after 5 years. :D

Edited by MrCat

i m not willing to make profits from vehicles and i do take good care of my wheels too..my old wagon (ke72) i bought for 550k and sold for 600k after 5 years. For whole 5 years i have spend nearly 50 000 rps for vehicle.i am happy about that deal.(although i know the change of value of ruppees :-) )

but i don't think that i will be able to have such deals with these modern vehicles cz they say japs dont make their wheel to turn nearly 10 years without replacing big piece like engine. :action-smiley-060: is it true?.. my cousin have this lancer ex and brought brand new from unimo..but it is shit..always replacing sensors n all electronic gadgets..

There is no certainty that every modern car is going to go bust in 20 years. Although reliability, durability and most importantly the ability to repair easily may not be up to the level when Jap production/design quality was at its best a couple of decades ago. Pretty much everything is use-throwaway/recycle these days.

Can think of anything to recommend for you unless you want to go for a commercial/military grade vehicle with high quality engine and drive train. :D So stick to the golden rule machan, “get a well maintained car and keep it that way”. There won’t be much of a difference on engine life whether it`s a Vitz or Swift these are all small cars designed to be marketed for a cheaper price. But it doesn't mean then wont live long if you take good care of em. :lol:

Oh and on a side note, dont you think that life is too short to use the same car for 10 years? Trust me, Vitz`s and Swift`s are not like good old classics, you`ll be dying to get rid of the car and get another one after 5 years. :D

thanks machoo..but will i be able to get rid of car like vitz in future as happily and easily i get rid of my old dx wagon.

Nissan company says that their engines can last for about 400,000 km without any major repairs provided that we do our maintenance properly.

i think its not the matter or how long you use the vehicle...

its the matter of the millage and the maintenance..

but 1 thing mate.telling you from personal experience..we had Nissan b211..and we went for a n17 and we had it. maintenance are totally different but when you get used to it it wont be a prob.

you wont be able to use new vehicle as easily as toyo dx wagon..most of the times it need only air for the tires and petrol for the engine isn't it?

its not the same for modern cars.

regular services,tune ups,changing fuel filters,crank angle sencers,thermostats etc..

it wont be easy as toyo dx wagon but dont worry u'll get used to it :alc: :alc:

maintain the car well..it will last long...

i am new to this autolanka forum. This may be seems stupid question but as a guy who don't have much money to buy a vehicle that last only few years this is important to me.

i have two wheels one toyo dx wagon (ke72) and Mitsubishi 4dr5 (j24).check them out. both are made 80s but still i drive those with little running repairs and didn't even touch engine and gear box. both had passed smoke test also.

recently i hav sold my 16 sri wagon for 600K and i wish to buy a vehicle around 1.6 Million. May be a vitz or swift .(if u have any good suggestions than this plz let me know ).But these vehicles are normally registered in around 2002. so now its 2011 and these nearly 10 years old.

Do you think that i will be able to drive these vehicles also for another 10 years without engine and gear box repairs and sell it for a worth price.

Thanks a lot.

Mister Panda ;)

obviously any car that runs for 10 years will need repairs and stuff, but if you are planing to use a car for 10 years i dont think buying a small car would be ideal. Either way its your choice but if you are into hatchbacks the mazda demio is also a pretty good buy too :D

i m not willing to make profits from vehicles and i do take good care of my wheels too..my old wagon (ke72) i bought for 550k and sold for 600k after 5 years. For whole 5 years i have spend nearly 50 000 rps for vehicle.i am happy about that deal.(although i know the change of value of ruppees :-) )

but i don't think that i will be able to have such deals with these modern vehicles cz they say japs dont make their wheel to turn nearly 10 years without replacing big piece like engine. :action-smiley-060: is it true?.. my cousin have this lancer ex and brought brand new from unimo..but it is shit..always replacing sensors n all electronic gadgets..

i really think you're better off not buying a new car.. if you can, buy yourself another ke72 if that's the level of technology, comfort and/or simplicity you want.

i really think you're better off not buying a new car.. if you can, buy yourself another ke72 if that's the level of technology, comfort and/or simplicity you want.

ok buddy thanks for ur advice B) ..i do really like the simplicity of that ke 72 :rolleyes: .. but now i need to move on soo most probably im going to buy this vitz clavia :P .tomorrow im going to check that car.

Mister Panda ;)

obviously any car that runs for 10 years will need repairs and stuff, but if you are planing to use a car for 10 years i dont think buying a small car would be ideal. Either way its your choice but if you are into hatchbacks the mazda demio is also a pretty good buy too :D

i do have that jeep also.it will be mine forever too.i luv that beast..sooo i think i sholud go for a small car..mazda demio sounds good.long time ago v had mazda familia wagon..is it true that mazda spare parts are rare and little bit cost than toyo s in sri lanka.

Nissan company says that their engines can last for about 400,000 km without any major repairs provided that we do our maintenance properly.

i think its not the matter or how long you use the vehicle...

its the matter of the millage and the maintenance..

but 1 thing mate.telling you from personal experience..we had Nissan b211..and we went for a n17 and we had it. maintenance are totally different but when you get used to it it wont be a prob.

you wont be able to use new vehicle as easily as toyo dx wagon..most of the times it need only air for the tires and petrol for the engine isn't it?

its not the same for modern cars.

regular services,tune ups,changing fuel filters,crank angle sencers,thermostats etc..

it wont be easy as toyo dx wagon but dont worry u'll get used to it :alc: :alc:

maintain the car well..it will last long...

i have to agree with you and rcboy2005 why dont you try trad sunny(fb12) or doctor sunny(fb13)

afaik they are easy to maintain and a simple car like dx wagon. :)

Edited by nexus