• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Tata Nano

Nirosha

Hi,

My friend have seen 4 Tata Nano's around Kiribathgoda. Is it in the market in sri lanka now. I heard that D*MO is the dealer for this and price could be between Rs.600k - 800k. Nothing much in Tata Nano India website. Do you guys know anything about Tata Nano in Sri Lanka.

any images of the spotting? I mean did you take any pictures of the Nano on the road?

Whats the point ? Its not like seeing a Ferrari on the road is it ? Its a cheap indian car for god sakes, nothing to do with a WOW factor :rolleyes:

Whats the point ? Its not like seeing a Ferrari on the road is it ? Its a cheap indian car for god sakes, nothing to do with a WOW factor :rolleyes:

i agree stig it is not even a good looking car. :action-smiley-060:

The Nano is for the two-wheeler owner who wants to upgrade to a car. A car is safer than a two-wheeler and provides more comfort as well. For people who can afford bigger cars, this wouldn't make sense. The Nano's designed to serve a purpose and it does it well. Its purpose was never to kill with its looks or provide brutal acceleration and Rolls Royce-like refinement. You're getting more than what you pay for.

Its in the D*MO showroom at Jetawana rd, Colombo 14 (near Sugathadasa stadium) so you can check it if you want to.

But as far as I know (also mentioned above) if its to be marketed its to be priced around Rs.700 000. Not sure if theres any idea of launching here though.

It would look even better if someone set em on fire and then took a picture. Oh wait....they catch fire on their own.....

:lol: oh no what will the tata nano lovers do now..... :P

For some reason it looks unstable to me, like a passing gust of wind could knock it over... bet it's hell at around 80 kmph. :P

Bet it will barely make 80 :P

an image of the Nano in the Sri Lankan landscape would be good to see for Indian Nano fans

Nano has fans ? Whats next fans of land masters ? Or perhaps a bullock cart owners association :rolleyes:

The Nano has its purpose. The car is for the two-wheeler rider who wants to move to 4 wheels. That's the reason behind its creation. It was created by Indian engineers and by making the world's least expensive and most fuel efficient petroleum-fueled cars ready to run European roads with only minor modifications, we have achieved something phenomenal. There's no point in ridiculing it and calling us dumb. I would like to stress that the fire cases reported were stray incidents and there's nothing technically wrong with this car. I think Sri Lankans will change their perspective once they have driven the Nano. Even without driving one and seeing the space, comfort and value it offers, you can't ridicule it.

• Like 1

The Nano has its purpose. The car is for the two-wheeler rider who wants to move to 4 wheels. That's the reason behind its creation. It was created by Indian engineers and by making the world's least expensive and most fuel efficient petroleum-fueled cars ready to run European roads with only minor modifications, we have achieved something phenomenal. There's no point in ridiculing it and calling us dumb. I would like to stress that the fire cases reported were stray incidents and there's nothing technically wrong with this car. I think Sri Lankans will change their perspective once they have driven the Nano. Even without driving one and seeing the space, comfort and value it offers, you can't ridicule it.

ahhh guerrilla marketing at it's best. I think the only thing Sri Lankans will see is that D*MO is too cheap to pay for advertising.

Edited by jdnet

Oh yeah and about the fire thing being isolated incidents. They did find a fault in the way they placed the coolant tanks and lines. So catching on fire may have been isolated incidents but bullsh*tting about a real problem ad endangering the lives of customers is not isolated. Ford called the Pinto fires isolated too, we all know how that went.

The forum moderators have a purposes too. One of them is to make sure that vehicles are not advertised on the forums. And if your trying to imply that the Nano passes Euro safety regulations with "minor" modifications... :rolleyes:

The Nano has its purpose. The car is for the two-wheeler rider who wants to move to 4 wheels. That's the reason behind its creation. It was created by Indian engineers and by making the world's least expensive and most fuel efficient petroleum-fueled cars ready to run European roads with only minor modifications, we have achieved something phenomenal.

Minor modifications to the car are changing the engine from 2-cylinder to 3-cylinder, changing the braking system, changing the steering system and changing the wheelbase. Also changing the price tag from $2000 to $6000.

BTW, the manufacturers of tiny cars including the Nano, are getting in to Europe because of a loophole in the regulations. These are classified as quadricycles, not cars. The safety tests and regulations are pretty lenient for quadricycles compared to cars. But Europe is currently reviewing the laws for quadricycles because of the influx of tiny cars such as Nano, Chery QQ, Reva etc.

There's no point in ridiculing it and calling us dumb. .... I think Sri Lankans will change their perspective once they have driven the Nano.

So u guys know that we ridicule you. I'm glad cos I thought you guys are too dumb to know that. What makes you think that Nano will make us change that perception, when u guys come up with one crap after the other? For example, did you know that one of the four powerset trains purchased from India last month, stopped right in the middle of its its very first journey and just wouldn't start? So much for Indian engineering.

Even without driving one and seeing the space, comfort and value it offers, you can't ridicule it.

I am pretty sure prison cells offer space, comfort and value too. But I can definitely ridicule it without getting in to one.

I would like to stress that the fire cases reported were stray incidents and there's nothing technically wrong with this car

Good. so what caused the fires?

If this guy is from the agent, I wonder if I can take him to Consumer Protection Authority, for giving out misleading information :D

• Like 1

One question, if you are such a nano fan why do you have a profile pic that has a BMW and a Jag ? :rolleyes: