• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Nissan Patrol Lwb Y60 - 1986

Shanka

Dear All,

What is the Best Price to buy a 1986 Nissan Patrol High Roof Long Wheel Base Y60? It is none-turbo 4.2ltr and NO-coil springs. Asking price is LKR 2.8Mil and I am thinking of bargaining a bit but the owner is very reluctant to go below said price. Problem is I have never seen a Y60 below that price either. Is it worth it? Vehicle is in mint condition. BTW this is my first post ever :)

Welcome to the club.

Are you sure this is a Y60? Because the Y60 range was first introduced in 1987. AT least according to Wiki. If its a Y60, then asking price should be around 3.2 upwards for a good condition specimen. PradFred has one and that's a beast!

From what I know the Y60 didnt come in 1986. Im assuming this must be a 32- Nissan Patrol with a Y60 body fitted to it. Iv seen many with these so called body permits. Original Y60s are quite common in the 61- series and you get 64- as well as a few 65-. IF IF IF this is a body permit I would be a bit more patient and go for an original Y60. They range from about 3.3 mils and upwards.

Thank you buddies! Please tell me the disadvantages if this is a body permit vehicle. It is 61- as I remember and I will clarify this from the seller. Thank you so much for your help.

The disadvantage of Body permit vehicles are that there are no advantages other than the price!

Id recon you confirm with the seller what manufactured year this Y60 is and then what number it is. If its 1986 it cant be 61-. And a 2.8 mils for a 61- Y60 seems rather surprising.

And LOL at VVTis comment. Yeh best is run and hide.

Thank you buddies! Please tell me the disadvantages if this is a body permit vehicle. It is 61- as I remember and I will clarify this from the seller. Thank you so much for your help.

Body Permit vehicles were given to a limited number of legal registrations. Many of the undesirable types in the motor trade went ahead and still brought stripped down vehicles and put them together or transplanted the bodies on old Chassis. Most of them do not have legal papers. Next time you go past the Welikada cop shop, check their car park. You will see a few of these.. :)

Also if its a 61- Registration, you will need a bus license to drive.. :)

The old adage stands, 'Cheap things no good, good things no cheap'. :)

Thanks Devaka. I am either confused with the Year of Manufacture or the Reg Number. Thinking of the worst case, If it is body permit, is there any risks Mechanically or Reliability? I am thinking of getting the engine, gearbox and axels checked from a known garage. Body and Interior in so Tempting condition :). IF body, engine, gearbox and the documents all are clean, please tell me any other disadvantages I might face. If the regular market is 3.2Mil+ I feel 2.8Mil for a body permit can be worth it, would it be? :(

Thanks Devaka. I am either confused with the Year of Manufacture or the Reg Number. Thinking of the worst case, If it is body permit, is there any risks Mechanically or Reliability? I am thinking of getting the engine, gearbox and axels checked from a known garage. Body and Interior in so Tempting condition :). IF body, engine, gearbox and the documents all are clean, please tell me any other disadvantages I might face. If the regular market is 3.2Mil+ I feel 2.8Mil for a body permit can be worth it, would it be? :(

The problem with cars with paper issues is that you might be willing to pay and buy, but when time comes for you to sell, it will be a nightmare, unless a like-minded person comes along.

There are no mechanical issues with these vehicles as they are most of the time straight bolt-on jobs. You will see plenty of Troopers with kick-ass bodies but running dubious 32- plates... :)

For 400,000 difference, I think you should really consider or get the papers checked thoroughly. Ask more questions from the seller.

Like Devaka said, the year and the rego does not seem to fit for a 1986 vehcile. Worst case, it should have been a 31 Sri.

The problem with cars with paper issues is that you might be willing to pay and buy, but when time comes for you to sell, it will be a nightmare, unless a like-minded person comes along.

There are no mechanical issues with these vehicles as they are most of the time straight bolt-on jobs. You will see plenty of Troopers with kick-ass bodies but running dubious 32- plates... :)

For 400,000 difference, I think you should really consider or get the papers checked thoroughly. Ask more questions from the seller.

Like Devaka said, the year and the rego does not seem to fit for a 1986 vehcile. Worst case, it should have been a 31 Sri.

if body permit vehicle has leasing to it dos this mean papers are genuine?

if body permit vehicle has leasing to it dos this mean papers are genuine?

Yes, that's a good indication as a legit leasing company will reduce their liabilities in the car they lease out. Thats a good sign if the vehicle has a current lease of even was leased in the past.

• 3 weeks later...

dude, its a y60 alright. this model came with the wide body as well as the flat body. its the flat body ur talking about. most ppl convert this to wide body by adding two panels to the rear body part on both sides and changing the front fenders and grill, rear doors and both bumpers. dashboard shold also be changed to match the new model. both are Y60 but body shape is only different. the YOM is correct. the original engine that came for this model is SD33. most replace it with TD42. no need body permit. this model came with leaf spring (dunu) suspension for both front and rear. price range for a 61- in its original state will go for around 20 to 23 max. if its got td42 engine and if its modified to widebody then its worth for 25.

even i have this same model and its in the garage in the process of getting a widebody and a good paint job. mines an original flat roof with SD33 engine and im replacing all doors and dashboard, blower, heater, cooler, grill, bumpers and seats.

Can be a bit of a rust bucket...care with bottom of B pillar and sills, roof gutter area, rear window frames, run your hand around the underside of all radiator reinforcing struts and check for corrosion.. This model sometimes encounters wheel-shake issues, particularly where wider wheels/tyres fitted. In low range first and driven slowly, will go where even Superman himself wld be frightened. :D

guys i been looking fo y60 as well. unfortunately most of the LWB y60 are asking over 4 million for high roofs. that i dont mind if its a flat roof. if u guys know or have any nissan patrol for a reasonable price please PM me it would be a great help.Regarding Body permits its best advise u stay away from it bec the cops are very strict and really after these vehicles.if u go toward kurunagala many of them have been seized ,also i have seen a few seized in the nawala police station. better go for 60,61,63,64 numbers to be safe.