Jump to content
  • Welcome to AutoLanka

    :action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

  • 0

Paperwork After Selling Vehicle (Where To Send)



1 answer to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

Guys, when transferring a car, one has to send one copy of the MTA-6 to the RMV - can someone tell me the exact address, and person that form should be sent to? thanks!

if ur transferring it into ur name then u have to go in person or send an accomplice with two passport size photographs of you signed by a JP or a lawyer and a copy of your NIC and vehicle CR, Original licence and a copy and duly filled transfer form. even one signed paper is enough from the booklet. else if ur transferring the cars ownership to someone else then handover the relevant documents to him. even if u send ur copy to the RMV or not if the new owner has submitted his part of the documents to the RMV for transfer then it will get transferred in his name.

The address is :

The Commissioner of Motor Traffic

Registar of Motor Vehicles

Elvitigala Mawatha,

Colombo 5.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

AutoLanka Cars For Sale

Post Your Ad Free [Click Here]

  • Create New...