• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Sudden Increase Of Fuel Consumption Bad Petrol

dreezone

Recently I noticed a sudden increase of fuel consumption in my car. First I thought it must be a problem with my car. However after talking to some of my friends they also confirmed the same.

I think this cannot be a co-incident. Just want to check with you guys whether you witnessed it too.

Are we pumping bad petrol to our car?

Recently I noticed a sudden increase of fuel consumption in my car. First I thought it must be a problem with my car. However after talking to some of my friends they also confirmed the same.

I think this cannot be a co-incident. Just want to check with you guys whether you witnessed it too.

Whats the car? EFI or Carb? what is the typical consumption? what is current consumption? so many questions need to be answered...!

Whats the car? EFI or Carb? what is the typical consumption? what is current consumption? so many questions need to be answered...!

You did not understand his point... He is just asking the quality of current fuel which we are consuming :action-smiley-060:

I am not a daily runner with my car… once a month top-up the tank. Using an Indian pulsar 150cc for daily use, it did not indicate significant difference..

Mate..if you are using octane 90, then try using octane 95 and see the difference of the figures...but i don't think there is an issue of pumping bad petrol unless it's having water...BTW what kind of car you are using??

Edited by AbeysinghE

It could have been a rare coincident that both you and your friends have the same problem.

AFAIK there are no abnormalities recorded in petrol recently.

Whats the fuel type you are using ?

It could have been a rare coincident that both you and your friends have the same problem.

AFAIK there are no abnormalities recorded in petrol recently.

Whats the fuel type you are using ?

Dear friend,

I am also having that problem. But I should double check it. Can you please give me an idea how much should a 1500cc vvti toyota allion should work with 95 octane petrol ? In the long run ? not in town running.

Thanks in advance my friends! :) :)

Dear friend,

I am also having that problem. But I should double check it. Can you please give me an idea how much should a 1500cc vvti toyota allion should work with 95 octane petrol ? In the long run ? not in town running.

Thanks in advance my friends! :) :)

according to what i heard from some of my friends..allion should do 13-14 km outside....but the realistic figure is always 10 to 12 in the outstation....with 95 octane..

Okay guys i have a little update

Although i didn't notice any reduction in fuel consumption (maybe cause i don't care how much it takes as long as im there ;) ) i did however notice a little bit of an acceleration issue on my k11.I just drive around for sometime and emptied the tank and pumped 95 oct from IOC and the problem was gone. So my guess is there might have been some sort of problem with the fuel in ceypetco recently.

Slightly OT, but I've been told that some stations may pump less fuel than is actually indicated... don't know how true that is so don't take my word for it. Laugfs appears to be the only guys who are 'honest'. In any case, I generally find Laugf stations to much more professional and courteous compared to IOC and Ceypetco. And I've had no problems with their fuel upto now.

Edited by Big_D

Slightly OT, but I've been told that some stations may pump less fuel than is actually indicated... don't know how true that is so don't take my word for it. Laugfs appears to be the only guys who are 'honest'. In any case, I generally find Laugf stations to much more professional and courteous compared to IOC and Ceypetco. And I've had no problems with their fuel upto now.

it maybe true i heard it to in my personal experience when i pump fule at ceypetco station i get a little more fuel mileage than ioc station

Yes. Gas station next to Pelawatta Keels Super market (right in the junction) is notorious for this. I never pump petrol there.

• 2 weeks later...

Jeez, I noticed this too. Was attributing to my heavy footed driving the past week or so. Will be more vigilant about the consumption. Have about three quarters left on the tank.

It was indeed my heavy footed driving and not due to bad petrol. Drove with a very light foot after this and it's back to normal.