• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Nissan N16 / Mazda 323

Lancerfiore

Hi Guys,

I'm looking to buy a vehicle for about 2 million. These are the options which i am considering so far.

• Nissan Sunny N16
  • Mazda 323 / BJ5P
  • Suzuki swift

I need a vehicle with automatic transmisson so I wish to know the following

Nissan n16 (this is what i would ideally like to buy) -

Ive heard that the fuel consumption is bad in this car, whats the best figure i can expect in city driving conditions 8-9 KMPL?

What about the automatic gear box in this car, is it generally trouble free? if one does fail, how much would it generally cost for a replacement?

What are the other general faults in this car? sensors etc...

Mazda 323 / BJ5P

The same questions apply here again, how is the fuel consumtion, the automatic gear box in this car, is it generally trouble free? how much would it cost for a replacement? what are the other general faults in the car?

Suzuki swift

I know that this is a good vehicle, and would be the most practical option for me, but i am not happy with the interior, general looks etc, What do you guys think of this vehicle?

Thanks.

Lets keep it simple, you will spend less time in a garage and less time in a petrol station in a 323 or a Swift than in a N16. Dont ask about fuel consumption becasue it all depends on the type of driver you are, the type of driving you do, where you drive, etc etc.

But having used all 3 vehicles I can safely say that, go for a 323 or a Swift.

Lets keep it simple, you will spend less time in a garage and less time in a petrol station in a 323 or a Swift than in a N16. Dont ask about fuel consumption becasue it all depends on the type of driver you are, the type of driving you do, where you drive, etc etc.

agree with you mate.323 or a familia gives you the best value for money imo. its a generally trouble free car. decent looks, good pick up and comfy. defenetly better than n16. no idea about the swift.

Hi Thanks for your advice. I wouldnt mind going for the mazda, however i have a few concerns regarding spare parts etc. are they difficult to come by or is it just general speculation? i would also like to know about the auto gearbox in this car? any idea as to how much it would cost if a replacement was needed?

Hi Thanks for your advice. I wouldnt mind going for the mazda, however i have a few concerns regarding spare parts etc. are they difficult to come by or is it just general speculation? i would also like to know about the auto gearbox in this car? any idea as to how much it would cost if a replacement was needed?

you will find ample body parts for BJ series in colombo or any other major town. i can assure in kandy and kurunegala too.auto gearbox has nothing abnormal. just like any other gearbox you find in any other jap make. simple as that.

if you are going for a mazda, try to find a special edition which comes with SVT engine and tiptronic gearbox with all 4 discs and many more factory fitted extras. you would defenetely enjoy the ride.

Its general speculation about spares, told by people who wants to sell their crappy N16.

Why would you need a replacement of a gearbox if you service it regularly?

I take great care of the vehicles i use, regular servicing, maintenance work etc. I am just assuming a worse case scenario, just in case.. :)

you will find ample body parts for BJ series in colombo or any other major town. i can assure in kandy and kurunegala too.auto gearbox has nothing abnormal. just like any other gearbox you find in any other jap make. simple as that.

Hi, thats great , thanks...

I take great care of the vehicles i use, regular servicing, maintenance work etc. I am just assuming a worse case scenario, just in case.. :)

Well, if the worst case scenario do happen and your GB blows itself up for some strange reason, you will be able to get a replacement for around 25K... :)

Go for a 323 mate.....you wont be dissapointed.

Good on fuel, awesome pulling power (I had a 1600 manual though)...of course you can find a 1600 auto as well.

Spares are reasonable and easy to find.

The 323 has better ground clearance than the famillia, so going anywhere isn't an issue : )

Be careful of hacked motors though.......any car can be a nightmare if youre not careful,

so best to have a thorough check up done before buying.

Go for a 323 mate.....you wont be dissapointed.

Good on fuel, awesome pulling power (I had a 1600 manual though)...of course you can find a 1600 auto as well.

Spares are reasonable and easy to find.

The 323 has better ground clearance than the famillia, so going anywhere isn't an issue : )

Be careful of hacked motors though.......any car can be a nightmare if youre not careful,

so best to have a thorough check up done before buying.

Hi Thanks, yes.. ground clearance is very important since i end up travelling out of colombo quite a bit. I know the basic things which needs to be checked when trying to purchase a used vehicle, but will definitely consult my mechanic before making a final decision.

• 2 months later...

Hi guys,

Thought of firing this thread up again. Ok so the latest is that i recently purchased a Mazda 323, i'm getting the car today actually. I need some general information from you guys when it comes to the service and maintenance of the vehicle.

• How much does it usually cost for a ATF oil change?
  • What is the standard ATF oil which used on these cars?
  • What is the recommended engine oil for this car and how much does it cost?
  • How much would a general service cost if i replace the air filter, oil filter and engine oil in one go?

Thanks in advance...

Hi guys,

Thought of firing this thread up again. Ok so the latest is that i recently purchased a Mazda 323, i'm getting the car today actually. I need some general information from you guys when it comes to the service and maintenance of the vehicle.

• How much does it usually cost for a ATF oil change?
  • What is the standard ATF oil which used on these cars?
  • What is the recommended engine oil for this car and how much does it cost?
  • How much would a general service cost if i replace the air filter, oil filter and engine oil in one go?

Thanks in advance...

Bro, Better you go to MAZNA motors at Papiliyana. They will do the needful. If my memory is right, It was cost about 5000 Rs for auto gear oil change and for engine MOBIL is ok.

Hi guys,

• How much does it usually cost for a ATF oil change? 12-13K with the filter
  • What is the standard ATF oil which used on these cars? Mazda ATF "M/V"
  • What is the recommended engine oil for this car and how much does it cost? At Mazna they use Shell multigrade HX5 cost you about 2600 rs.
  • How much would a general service cost if i replace the air filter, oil filter and engine oil in one go? air filter 3-4K, oil filter 700Rs, will set you back 7-8K if you do it Mazna

Thanks in advance...