• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Mazda 3 & Axella

KITT

Question

what's the difference between 3 & Axella.

How about the fuel consumption and other stuff comparing with 121.

3 is a number and Axela is a name. :)

But seriously, they're both the same thing. Axela is the JDM name for the 3.

It's the same thing ,Fuel consumption is little lesser than 121,but overall Axella is an awesome car with pleasure to drive :rolleyes:

I really don't like to compare Mazda 3/Axcela with a Corolla. Corolla is far far behind....

Mazda 3/Axcela is a REALLY GOOD CAR....

mazda 3 has 1.6 engine mazda axela has a 1.5 engine.

mazda axela doesn't give good fuel economy and second hand market like corolla 121 but with driving pleasure and stylish design that cannot be matched by corolla.

mazda axela doesn't give good fuel economy and second hand market like corolla 121 but with driving pleasure and stylish design that cannot be matched by corolla.

Not only it's stylish, attention to details and built quality is also better. My one is fully loaded with rev cam, rain sensor, light sensor and this so its awesome :D

i thought axela had the same fuel economy as the corolla! :unsure:

no corolla 121 give better fuel economy than mazda 3 or axela but it's not to much as people like to think only problem with it is second hand market with majority of SL people prefer toyota over mazda. because of that second hand market for corolla 121 is sadly better than mazda 3 and axela. :(

btw Magnum are you from kandy?

ok i opened a thread regarding Civic ES5 in which my friend is interested, but today evening i saw a Axela the car looks awesome i thought of suggesting him this. is this better than Civic ES5

Yes definitely. :rolleyes:

No Axela and Mazda 3 both are heavier than 121 and gives considerably lesser fuel economy than 121..and in fact as Nexus pointed out..according to SL market trend the value of axela in the second hand market is questionable..but I'm sure if you are not so much bothered about fuel economy and the second hand market without no doubt go for axela..If your main concern is fuel economy and second hand market..go for 121..still a 2003 121 reaching to 3 million ..

Good comfort and heavy car even with the over 140 Km/h you can have better control.

Normally I used to drive Putalam - Colombo road + Habarana - Trincomale road and I went up to 150,

Nothing was trouble :)

100% agreed with you..I haven't done long travels with axela though.But I had a chance of driving an axela of one of my friend and it was really great ride..with my personal experience in that awesome road (Habarana to Kantale ) I have driven AXIO G- when it was reaching to 120 kmph it was shivering like hell and i slowed down as i was not sure that i could control it..and recently had the same trip with Prius and it was far more better ride than Axio..very good control and reached 137 kmph without any problem and with great control..couldn't go beyond that as traffic police were there :D

no corolla 121 give better fuel economy than mazda 3 or axela but it's not to much as people like to think only problem with it is second hand market with majority of SL people prefer toyota over mazda. because of that second hand market for corolla 121 is sadly better than mazda 3 and axela. :(

btw Magnum are you from kandy?

what would be the fuel economy of the Axela/3 and the fuel economy of corolla(im not much fuel economy concerned but i will have to give these details when suggesting a car) yep im from kandy :)

No Axela and Mazda 3 both are heavier than 121 and gives considerably lesser fuel economy than 121..and in fact as Nexus pointed out..according to SL market trend the value of axela in the second hand market is questionable..but I'm sure if you are not so much bothered about fuel economy and the second hand market without no doubt go for axela..If your main concern is fuel economy and second hand market..go for 121..still a 2003 121 reaching to 3 million ..

does Mazda axela and Mazda 3 have different fuel economy and performance

100% agreed with you..I haven't done long travels with axela though.But I had a chance of driving an axela of one of my friend and it was really great ride..with my personal experience in that awesome road (Habarana to Kantale ) I have driven AXIO G- when it was reaching to 120 kmph it was shivering like hell and i slowed down as i was not sure that i could control it..and recently had the same trip with Prius and it was far more better ride than Axio..very good control and reached 137 kmph without any problem and with great control..couldn't go beyond that as traffic police were there :D

thats right, i have heard of many corolla/Allion accidents especially due to speeding

Edited by Magnum

what would be the fuel economy of the Axela/3 and the fuel economy of corolla(im not much fuel economy concerned but i will have to give these details when suggesting a car) yep im from kandy :)

does Mazda axela and Mazda 3 have different fuel economy and performance

mazda axela in city 8-9kmpl in outstations 12-14lmpl

toyota corolla in city 10-11kmpl some times 12kmpl in outstations 14-15kmpl some times more than 15kmpl

things like fuel consumption become difference from diver to driver because of driving style.

ok cool im from kandy to :)

afaik yes

Edited by nexus

toyota corolla in city 10-11kmpl some times 12kmpl in outstations 14-15kmpl some times more than 15kmpl

things like fuel consumption become difference from diver to driver because of driving style.

afaik yes

+1

My one, I bought on last year and everyday use to go office with AC and Trafic (Mabola - Colombo) it is doing around 10kmpl,

Outstations (Colombo - Trincomale) it is doing around 14kmpl.

afaik yes

so is the Mazda 3 better in fuel consumption and performance or worst than Mazda Axela

and are the Mazda 3s imported from UK?

cool your from kandy! :)

+1

My one, I bought on last year and everyday use to go office with AC and Trafic (Mabola - Colombo) it is doing around 10kmpl,

Outstations (Colombo - Trincomale) it is doing around 14kmpl.

do you a Axela or a 3?

Edited by Magnum

I really don't like to compare Mazda 3/Axcela with a Corolla. Corolla is far far behind....

Mazda 3/Axcela is a REALLY GOOD CAR....

The mazda 3 is not a competitor of the corolla it competes with the allion

and in my case even the allion loses

• Like 1

so is the Mazda 3 better in fuel consumption and performance or worst than Mazda Axela

and are the Mazda 3s imported from UK?

cool your from kandy! :)

mazda 3 is not worst than mazda axela but axela give better fuel consumption and performance than mazda 3.

Axela,

Better built quality. (it is a Japanese domestic vehicle.)

1500cc engine is capable of producing 114hp.

practically it does 8-10km/l urban and 12-14km/l extra urban. Depends on how you drive.

Manual transmission car will be better than above figures.

1600cc car produce around 106hp but has more torque than 1500cc car.

fuel economy is bit more better than axela.

Corner killer handling performance, brilliant stopping power,

highly reliable car according to forums.

A 2003 axela/3 always outlooks 2010 corolla/axio.

If you are a guy, get a axela/3 :D else you can go for a boring, ugly corolla

mazda 3 is not worst than mazda axela but axela give better fuel consumption and performance than mazda 3.

Axela,

Better built quality. (it is a Japanese domestic vehicle.)

1500cc engine is capable of producing 114hp.

practically it does 8-10km/l urban and 12-14km/l extra urban. Depends on how you drive.

Manual transmission car will be better than above figures.

1600cc car produce around 106hp but has more torque than 1500cc car.

fuel economy is bit more better than axela.

Corner killer handling performance, brilliant stopping power,

highly reliable car according to forums.

A 2003 axela/3 always outlooks 2010 corolla/axio.

If you are a guy, get a axela/3 :D else you can go for a boring, ugly corolla

ok i got two different opinions here :rolleyes: nexus says axela is better on fuel and DLP says Mazda 3 is better on fuel

not

bdw remember guys im talking about the first generation here not the present one!

is the Axela's/3 legroom bigger than corolla?

Edited by Magnum

Axela (according to Mazda Japan: Acceleration + Excellence) was a car ahead of its time. The (trim) spec of a 2004-2007 model is probably equivalent to 2010/11 Corollas and Allions. And it's a pleasure to own and drive EXCEPT when it comes to replacing parts :) (you know what I mean) ....

Axela (according to Mazda Japan: Acceleration + Excellence) was a car ahead of its time. The (trim) spec of a 2004-2007 model is probably equivalent to 2010/11 Corollas and Allions. And it's a pleasure to own and drive EXCEPT when it comes to replacing parts :) (you know what I mean) ....

i just looked at the interior of axela from a japanese website! it has a lot of rear leg room! maybe its competitor of the allion and bluebird