• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Daihatsu Mira 2000 Rattling Noise

ThilakR

Question

Hi Friends,

My DAIHATSU Mira 2000 AUTO has a rattling noise,(I suspect it come from the Steering rack) and also a heavy vibration.Went to many places for repair, change the fuel too from 90 to 95 Oct,thinking it maight help (cos I'm not an expert on this)but the problem still there. :violent-smiley-099:

Could you please recommend me a good place to get this fixed.

Great help

Many thanks

Thilak

7 answers to this question

Hi Friends,

My DAIHATSU Mira 2000 AUTO has a rattling noise,(I suspect it come from the Steering rack) and also a heavy vibration.Went to many places for repair, change the fuel too from 90 to 95 Oct,thinking it maight help (cos I'm not an expert on this)but the problem still there. :violent-smiley-099:

Could you please recommend me a good place to get this fixed.

Great help

Many thanks

Thilak

Can you clarify the issue please. From one hand it sounds like an engine knocking or engine related issue but from the other it sounds like a suspension related issue. Can you elaborate a bit please !

Oh hell didn't see this thread before. I have a Mira 2000, i hope you didn't go and do some repairs with a Maka Baas and waste your money. i had the same problem. car seriously vibrates when driving up a hill or on high load.

you know what the problem was? Gearbox! first do an ATF flush that should sort it out. i changed the ATF my self 3 times on 2k intervals (Mobil) and added ##### Transmission Treatment. now its as smooth as a new.

Oh hell didn't see this thread before. I have a Mira 2000, i hope you didn't go and do some repairs with a Maka Baas and waste your money. i had the same problem. car seriously vibrates when driving up a hill or on high load.

you know what the problem was? Gearbox! first do an ATF flush that should sort it out. i changed the ATF my self 3 times on 2k intervals (Mobil) and added ##### Transmission Treatment. now its as smooth as a new.

Hi MiraOwner,

I did not get much help on my request. So I thought Autolanka Forum members are not interested helping my poor Mira car. :D :D

Thankx for the respond. I still did'nt go for any Maka Bass. Since the engine is 650CC I am ltl scaired to go for non technical maka bass.

So your problem was in Gear Box? Hmmm... I recently changed ATF. What's the Oil you used?

Also the engine sounds like an old Layland bus sometimes. :angry-smiley-048: :angry-smiley-048:

One said the gadget which increase the RPM when switched on the AC has broken and it effect the vibration. This part is like a major portion of the engine of this type FE SE 659CC and it needs to replace. :violent-smiley-099:

Please excuse me if I use wrong words while I trying to explain the problem, as I am not an expert in Motor engineering.

Looking forward for a good advice from the experts. :rolleyes:

Thilak

Edited by ThilakR

Hi MiraOwner,

I did not get much help on my request. So I thought Autolanka Forum members are not interested helping my poor Mira car. :D :D

Thankx for the respond. I still did'nt go for any Maka Bass. Since the engine is 650CC I am ltl scaired to go for non technical maka bass.

So your problem was in Gear Box? Hmmm... I recently changed ATF. What's the Oil you used?

Also the engine sounds like an old Layland bus sometimes. :angry-smiley-048: :angry-smiley-048:

One said the gadget which increase the RPM when switched on the AC has broken and it effect the vibration. This part is like a major portion of the engine of this type FE SE 659CC and it needs to replace. :violent-smiley-099:

Please excuse me if I use wrong words while I trying to explain the problem, as I am not an expert in Motor engineering.

Looking forward for a good advice from the experts. :rolleyes:

Thilak

yeah.. the issue could be "multifactorial".

Infact i was in a hurry to reply to your post. consider the following things to improve engine issues in general

1.IAC valve (Idle Air Control Valve which your mechanic talks about could be one issue but this DOES NOT require a engine replacement)

2.EFI clogged up.

3.Air Filter clogged up.

4.Oxygen Sensor Over heating or sending in wrong readings to the ECU. (This will have to be diagnosed with an OBD II scanner)

5. Gearbox lubricants has not been changed for ages.

6. Engine Mounts / Gearbox Mounts.

7. Bad fuel (we will have to consider this too in the current context)

Start with the smaller stuff. and work your way through a list. i had to do alot to get my car back up to a decent condition. i still have some more to do. but in your case you may need shed some more money since you are a mechanical novice. i do a great deal of the stuff my self.

Edited by MiraOwner

yeah.. the issue could be "multifactorial".

Infact i was in a hurry to reply to your post. consider the following things to improve engine issues in general

1.IAC valve (Idle Air Control Valve which your mechanic talks about could be one issue but this DOES NOT require a engine replacement)

2.EFI clogged up.

3.Air Filter clogged up.

4.Oxygen Sensor Over heating or sending in wrong readings to the ECU. (This will have to be diagnosed with an OBD II scanner)

5. Gearbox lubricants has not been changed for ages.

6. Engine Mounts / Gearbox Mounts.

7. Bad fuel (we will have to consider this too in the current context)

Start with the smaller stuff. and work your way through a list. i had to do alot to get my car back up to a decent condition. i still have some more to do. but in your case you may need shed some more money since you are a mechanical novice. i do a great deal of the stuff my self.

Hi Mira Owner,

Many thanks for the valuable advices. Since the car is still drivable, I did not go to any Maka bass to get my car completely messed up. :action-smiley-060:

Do you know any place to get this fixed? I live in Gampaha. But if there any good place in Colombo I do not mind coming.

Also I could keep the car for couple of days in a gurage if I could fix the problem as the school vacation is near.

I use this car for my children's school travelling. :)

Regards

Thilak

Edited by ThilakR