• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Hyundai Getz, Poor Fuel Consumption

madcatz

Bought a Hyundai Getz Recently and I'm getting very poor fuel consumption results.

Expected it to do at least 10km per Liter however I'm getting only 7km per liter. It's a 1350cc engine and a small car, what could be the reason for this. I'm getting it checked by mechanic for any fuel leaks as well.

Bought a Hyundai Getz Recently and I'm getting very poor fuel consumption results.

Expected it to do at least 10km per Liter however I'm getting only 7km per liter. It's a 1350cc engine and a small car, what could be the reason for this. I'm getting it checked by mechanic for any fuel leaks as well.

Start with the basics. Check/replace the air filter, spark plugs and get the injectors cleaned if you haven't done it in a while.

Thanks for the comments. I know driving style can affect the performance, but since I bought the car about a week back i have been very conscious not to rev too hard just so that I can monitor how well the car will do.

Anyway I will check on the plugs and others as mentioned. thank you.

Thanks for the comments. I know driving style can affect the performance, but since I bought the car about a week back i have been very conscious not to rev too hard just so that I can monitor how well the car will do.

Anyway I will check on the plugs and others as mentioned. thank you.

Two things.

If its a brand new car, you might need to run it in, things will improve after the run in and the first service.

You get better figures when you drive on a higher gear. If you're puttering around at 20kmph thinking its gonna save you fuel, you might want to try driving a little faster.

• 9 years later...