• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Best Choise Of Cars For Budget Of 1.9 - 2 Million

Pasan Gunawardena

Question

Hi guys, im eagerly looking to buy my first car. when it comes to cars my knowledge is zero n grasp things soon as possible.

for now my budget is 1.9mil. and max i may extend to 2mil. im mainly looking for the sporty looks without no modifications, fuel and maintenance costs. n i will be travelling mostly within colombo in traffic.

so for now my preferences are Mitsubishi Lancer CS1/CS2 2003 model and Honda ES1 or ES8. i have been tracking prices n what i realized is ES is expensive. i know that EK3 is in the market for my budget but the YOM is before 2000 in most cars.

so what i want to know is from the above models, what is the best. and if im to choose between manual to auto what do u recommend. personally i dont have an issue with manual.

n any important tips to look for when buying a second hand vehicle is much appreciated since im totally blank on this.

Thanks Mates

6 answers to this question

Pasan,

If your looking for a car manufactured after year 2000 you will have to forget 110. Also some of the 1998 models go for 2- 2.1 Mil. But you can get hold of of a good EK3 in the same era for around 1.8-1.9 Mil I guess.

In my opinion with your requirements you can go for a Suzuki Swift or a Chevy Cruze (YOM 2004). Also make sure you take a reliable person with you to check the car since you have no idea about this field. I saw an advertisment some time back about a person who wills to check a car &charge Rs 1500/= per visit.

Hi guys, im eagerly looking to buy my first car. when it comes to cars my knowledge is zero n grasp things soon as possible.

for now my budget is 1.9mil. and max i may extend to 2mil. im mainly looking for the sporty looks without no modifications, fuel and maintenance costs. n i will be travelling mostly within colombo in traffic.

so for now my preferences are Mitsubishi Lancer CS1/CS2 2003 model and Honda ES1 or ES8. i have been tracking prices n what i realized is ES is expensive. i know that EK3 is in the market for my budget but the YOM is before 2000 in most cars.

so what i want to know is from the above models, what is the best. and if im to choose between manual to auto what do u recommend. personally i dont have an issue with manual.

n any important tips to look for when buying a second hand vehicle is much appreciated since im totally blank on this.

Thanks Mates

'Pasan Gunawardena',

Think of buying a new car instead used old cars with odometers adjusted to read low kilometres.Trouble free running for first five years if you maintain witht regular service.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

It all depends on your requirement. If you really need a sporty car just go for an EK3. When it comes to the 2nd hand market here, no doubt you need to go for a 110. FB 15 is also a good choice even though it is not very economical, but everybody knows to repair it plus parts are freely available. There are some issues related to Mazda and Mitsubishi in the local market but personally i like Mazda.

If I were you, i would go for EK3.