• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Where Can I Buy Baby On Boad Signs??

nish1

Yes..I agree with you some extend..in my case what I wanted to show was I.m going bit slower than others coz my wife in that situation so..others do not need to horn at me to overtake..what I wanted to do is let others to go easily..while im enjoying my driving..

If you think of it no-one wants to be on your tail honking at your ear. They too probably want to go somewhere. So if they're honking at you you're doing something wrong. Fix it :)

As long as you dont obstruct traffic or become a nuisance flow no-one will honk at you.

Edited by Watchman
  • Like 1

There is nothing in traffic law that mandates drivers exercise extra caution around vehicles carrying sign reading "Baby on board". So moot point.

Edited by terrabytetango

Yes..I agree with you some extend..in my case what I wanted to show was I.m going bit slower than others coz my wife in that situation so..others do not need to horn at me to overtake..what I wanted to do is let others to go easily..while im enjoying my driving..

No amount of careful driving on your part will save your baby's life if you get rear ended by a bus or you rear end someone. Have you seen a baby after it has gone through the windscreen because Sri Lankan women has this thing about holding the baby on their laps in teh front seat???

So instaed of getting all mushy about the Baby on Board to say you have a baby and get others to be careful on your behalf, get a baby seat, strap the bugger in it and put it in the back seat as per the instructions. Your baby is your responibilty. Not mine or any other road user.

Edited by VVTi
  • Like 4

There is nothing in traffic law that mandates drivers exercise extra caution around vehicles carrying sign reading "Baby on board". So moot point.

I think starting today I will toot mercilessy at these guys just to get them rattled... :)

I think starting today I will toot mercilessy at these guys just to get them rattled... :)

Not cool. The last thing we want is buggers who only have a license coz they paid the driving examiners off getting rattled on the road. Sods are probably rattled enough already without forcing them into doing something dumb. Like swerving into you.

Yeah .. but, today I paid the price for not honking (I usually only toot if there is absolutely no way past the bullock-cart/prius dying a slow death in front of me).

A van was hogging the right hand lane at 25kmh so I overtook him on the left lane and the bugger swerved in to my side/rear just as I was passing him. Typical a*hole SL diver for 1. hogging the right lane 2. driving all over the road 3. driving with a barely usable side mirror - a single blast of horn could hv saved myself a lot of hassle and expense.

Never try overtaking on the left lane. 80% of Sri Lankan drivers hog the right lane since the there are bike guys on the left, who end up taking up the entire lane.

If you are overtaking you need to be patient....

• Like 1

Never try overtaking on the left lane. 80% of Sri Lankan drivers hog the right lane since the there are bike guys on the left, who end up taking up the entire lane.

Exactly, if you are going to vent out, make sure you are on the right side of the law.

Exactly, if you are going to vent out, make sure you are on the right side of the law.

agree but i gotta say....some nutters are such big morons they will not budge the right lane no matter what.

just today in the morning in galle face road stretch....i threewheeler bugger was doing a cool 30 odd while having a long chat on his phone.

I could have overtaken him from the left but decided not to.

It took a lot of honking, lights flashing and almost drive over the thewheeler to get the bugger to move onto the left track.

And on topic...gotta say this baby on board to get laid is the lamest thing i've heard!

I just hold the horn down. At least it disturbs to phone conversations enough that those guys move so they can keep talking :)

i did that...mind you the truck has quite loud horns but this tuk bugger was not budging.

Only when i was like a couple of inches behind him he finally moved!

gotta say this was quite the rare incident after getting the truck :P many folks move away without too much of hassle :P especially road hoggers in fancy cars.

• Like 1

Yesterday morning on my way to work saw a lady driver blocking an ambulance near the Wattala junction in Negambo rd, as she drove on the MIDDLE of the road for a mere 30km/h, and did not even budge to her left for that ambulance to pass. Understandably, the driver in the ambulance was so furious as he kept on honking and flashing his lights, but she drove her Insight as if nothing was behind her car, thankfully a cop who was directing the traffic came to the middle of the road near the He#as hospital, and ask that idiotic driver to pull over and finally the ambulance flew away towards Colombo…

There are some drivers who does not even give way even if u honk so much……

• Like 1

This might be true but on an average Friday on the Negombo road at least 40% of the time you hv to overtake on the left lane - it's either that or pure road rage.

I've seen a lot of drivers take the 1st option, rather than sitting on their horns, trying to direct traffic from behind.

Again, sorry for this being OT.

overtaking on the left saves some health issues for us, although first i try my luck tooting a while.

near angulana where 3 lanes are available a van was going at snail pace on the right lane. horn was useless. was annoyed so overtook and stopped in front of him

he just patiently stopped behind me till i took off again :( one of a kind idiot

If only the yellow sun gave us powers, we wouldn't need to bother with overtaking and lane changing at all :/

Unfortunately it's a red sun, you are a mere mortal :P