• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Law On Beat Barrels And Sound Gadgets

miniace

What will happen to CBR s and HORNET s at high RPM.

if they are on the move...these bikes are not loud at all. unless of course they are running modified pipes.

even still, proper race pipes are not that loud these days.

• Like 2

Should be possible... just connecting a bigger tip to the normal exhaust should not make a big noise.

actually i bought the car with the 4" tip beat barrel and i dont want to remove it and fix the stock muffler (got the car with stock muffler also) coz im not familier with persons who does muffler mods.. is it possible to add a primary muffer for added sound suppression for existiing exhaust system??

Well, on my beat barrel there was a velvet padding when I baught the car. After some time it came off completely and now it's loud as hell if I step down. So looks like that velvet padding did a good job previously. But I can control it being gental on the gas. But never wanna go to the stock silencer again.

Edited by Chanaka Gunawardena

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys just heard as it was mentioned on the radio, that any car 'modifications' need prior approval. And the cops have started taking cars in. Anyone hear anything else? Is this the law on Barrels & Sound Gadgets kicking in?

Hey guys just heard as it was mentioned on the radio, that any car 'modifications' need prior approval. And the cops have started taking cars in. Anyone hear anything else? Is this the law on Barrels & Sound Gadgets kicking in?

Modifications ? could be anything from converting 110 double cabs to SWs, Evo Sti conversions and not only the sound gadgets....

The law has been there but now cops are perticular on that. Today news said that one car has been taken into custody at dehiwala.

if its allready registered, (i mean the conversion) means its approved right?

Not really... A known person had his car confiscated cos he had a loud Fart Cannon on the car... This guy of course was supposedly driving like a cat with gasoline up the but. Hence the center of attraction on the street. This was a few weeks back. You can manage to avoid the cops, as long as you don't attract attention.

They still catch for tint. They even have a paper printout of the gazette to show copped motorists.

Tint meaning, front windows only I presume? When they copped people about a year ago like they were on a shopping frenzy?

Tint meaning, front windows only I presume? When they copped people about a year ago like they were on a shopping frenzy?

front shutters only machang. i got the truck fully tinted except for the fronts. no probs.

did see a bubble gum blue and pink car held at a cop shed for having a fart barrel! :)

I think they should have booked the owner for visual pollution too :D

Not really... A known person had his car confiscated cos he had a loud Fart Cannon on the car... This guy of course was supposedly driving like a cat with gasoline up the but. Hence the center of attraction on the street. This was a few weeks back. You can manage to avoid the cops, as long as you don't attract attention.

no mate i dont have a noisy exhaust(on low RPM) i was confused abt the modification approval part..

Edited by NadriquE

no mate i dont have a noisy exhaust(on low RPM) i was confused abt the modification approval part..

Proper branded performance exhausts don't actually make a racket.. it is these after market local industry rubbish that wakes up the dead. I have tested tested the branded stuff for both my Mazda and BMW, and I tell you these are quiet at low revs. So I guess, if you have the real thing, you won't have to worry...

Proper branded performance exhausts don't actually make a racket.. it is these after market local industry rubbish that wakes up the dead. I have tested tested the branded stuff for both my Mazda and BMW, and I tell you these are quiet at low revs. So I guess, if you have the real thing, you won't have to worry...

true few months ago i fitted a JDM Beat barrel to mine, and it is not loud at all... just a deep base.

and so far i have traveled few times to colombo-kandy, and didnt give any trouble with cops yet

• Like 2

yup i got a fujitsubo, its not the exhaust that im worried abt, gyiman said something abt engine modifications approval.. thats what bothers me. any idea?

and does this law includes sound systems too? :speechless-smiley-019:

Edited by NadriquE

yup i got a fujitsubo, its not the exhaust that im worried abt, gyiman said something abt engine modifications approval.. thats what bothers me. any idea?

and does this law includes sound systems too? :speechless-smiley-019:

come on u think our 8 pass cops know engine mods... please... they used to ask me how the pop up lights work in the astina...

• Like 3