• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Who Are The Worst Drivers In Sl Or Wherever You Are?

Dominic

Worst Drivers  

196 members have voted

1. 1. Who are the worst drivers in SL ?

• Three Wheel Drivers
    • Bus Drivers (Pvt)
    • Bus Drivers SLTB
    • Van Drivers (School)
    • Van Drivers (Office)
    • Motorcyclists
    • Old People who do 20km/h in the middle of the road
    • Other (Pls Specify)

Not trying to equate 3-wheel drivers with Lady drivers ... but there are a couple of similarities in the 'annoying' factor:

- both types either do not signal or signal in the wrong direction

- both types drive annoyingly slow, often on the middle of the road or the right lane

- both maneuver and THEN look, instead of the other-way round.

- both are clueless about priority

There is a difference too .. you can knock the teeth off a 3-wheel driver if he knocks your well kept ride, but you (unfortunately) can't do the same to a lady.

Ladies are decent drivers, they just need to brush up on several key stuff which might not come naturally to them, I guess ...

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Private bus drivers and Three wheel drivers should top the list. But it lacks another category, the idiots who drive SUV's as if the roads were made by there parents. :violent-smiley-030:

Worse are private bus drivers - no doubt! - wel three wheel fellows are not far behind either.

Private bus fellows fly like eagles - the moment see a waving hand (The hand could be of a person actually standing right in the middle between two bus stops) - the bus driver just stop the darn thing on the middle of the road!!! And the common belief prevail among these private bus drivers is "never drive in a straight line, always go zig zag in straight roads as fast as possible". Bus fellows think that their annoying horns and head lights act as sirens. :lol:

Not trying to equate 3-wheel drivers with Lady drivers ... but there are a couple of similarities in the 'annoying' factor:

- both types either do not signal or signal in the wrong direction

- both types drive annoyingly slow, often on the middle of the road or the right lane

- both maneuver and THEN look, instead of the other-way round.

- both are clueless about priority

There is a difference too .. you can knock the teeth off a 3-wheel driver if he knocks your well kept ride, but you (unfortunately) can't do the same to a lady.

Ladies are decent drivers, they just need to brush up on several key stuff which might not come naturally to them, I guess ...

A majority of male drivers do all of the above as well. At least the women aren't so in-your-face, most of them appear to be simply scared to drive in traffic.

Edited by Big_D

Worse are private bus drivers - no doubt! - wel three wheel fellows are not far behind either.

Private bus fellows fly like eagles - the moment see a waving hand (The hand could be of a person actually standing right in the middle between two bus stops) - the bus driver just stop the darn thing on the middle of the road!!! And the common belief prevail among these private bus drivers is "never drive in a straight line, always go zig zag in straight roads as fast as possible". Bus fellows think that their annoying horns and head lights act as sirens. :lol:

:D Yea, private buses are truly a menace. But I remember a very long time back, my dad got hold of an old Toyota cab made totally out of thick metal, don't know for what, with the paint also scarred like it came out of battle or something and also had a loud V6 diesel. Bus drivers were pretty scared of that and would sheepishly get their Indian tin plates to a side of the road, truly hilarious :D Be sure to give those guys a scare if any of you get hold of one action-smiley-035.gif

Another category to be included is drivers with new cars.. (KH, KI numbers) (Only some of them)

They drive behind lorries, buses and other long vehicles just TRYING to overtake (meaning in the middle of the road)... Unfortunately they never overtake, just waiting waiting and waiting. As these fellows r in the middle of the road, if you caught behind you also hv to wait n wait. But when you flash n sound a bit n try to overtake him, there he flies.

These guys neither like to be passed by (coz its their new treasure) and to follow a vehicle. So, although they havnt the decision making and driving skills matching to the new bird to pass a long vehicle, just keeping trying which means blocking his followers...

Another category to be included is drivers with new cars.. (KH, KI numbers) (Only some of them)

They drive behind lorries, buses and other long vehicles just TRYING to overtake (meaning in the middle of the road)... Unfortunately they never overtake, just waiting waiting and waiting. As these fellows r in the middle of the road, if you caught behind you also hv to wait n wait. But when you flash n sound a bit n try to overtake him, there he flies.

These guys neither like to be passed by (coz its their new treasure) and to follow a vehicle. So, although they havnt the decision making and driving skills matching to the new bird to pass a long vehicle, just keeping trying which means blocking his followers...

Which is why owning a car with a little more power is a good thing... :) Ain't no replacement for displacement baby.

I have come across so many Hiace/Caravan Van drivers in Kandy area in genaral. that is really annoying. No respect for road rules at all. And some of the just stop the vehicles middle of the road and talking to people, buying things in road, etc.

Edited by MkX

To add to these, now that trishaw drivers have a couple of headlights they never dip their lights,its really irritating and I feel like driving into their face

I had a friend who bought a trishaw. He says when you drive it you are a different person. The trishaw makes you drive like crazy!!. So bottom line it's the trishaw and not the driver. :rolleyes:

I had a friend who bought a trishaw. He says when you drive it you are a different person. The trishaw makes you drive like crazy!!. So bottom line it's the trishaw and not the driver. :rolleyes:

ah Yes this new trishaws are gonna be a killer. Those head lights are mounted same level as car drivers face.

To add to these, now that trishaw drivers have a couple of headlights they never dip their lights,its really irritating and I feel like driving into their face

Well, you can always respond in the same way. :box2: At your own risk though. I don't usually do it cause I don't want the fools blinded and swerving into my car.

• 3 months later...

AS i think 3 wheeler drivers are the worst. Although If there's a traffic they try to go assen mullen hari. If there is a little space they try to put that worst vehicle in the world to the place. They don't care about others.

+1 :angry: