• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Company Maintenance

vidurshan

If you go though some of the other threads relating to vehicle service you will see theres a lot of bad reviews about MAG.

I personally feel Auto Miraj is better when it comes to basic services compared to A*W, Kleen park was good but I dont know now. But for repairs better go to agents, it will also benefit you when trying to sell the car

What ever you do never go to pitstop for alignment, car care is the place for alignment. Buggers at pitstop cannot even center the steering wheel after an alignment

hehe, dude centring the steering is a minor thing that they probably just forgot.. I'm sure you must have noticed it even before you moved 50m out of pitstop.. you could have just gone back and asked them to do it, they wouldn't have said no. But their actual alignment work's good.

hehe, dude centring the steering is a minor thing that they probably just forgot.. I'm sure you must have noticed it even before you moved 50m out of pitstop.. you could have just gone back and asked them to do it, they wouldn't have said no. But their actual alignment work's good.

nope,

atcually it was a bit off before the alignment so I told them specifically to center it. Yes I noticed the wheel leaving pitstop and came back in like 2 mins. But their so called supervisor or so told me that I have a play in my steering rack. (I had new mounts installed on the rack coz it actually had a play and tested it on the day before so I was pretty sure that the rack was fine.)

He told that they lock the steering in dead ahead position and adjust the wheels according to the computer and if the wheel is off after that they cannot do anything about that. :sad-smiley-058:

In that case I was the one who locked the steering so he told that they cannot do anything. But I actually triple checked the steering position with related to the column before saying ok to the tech to go ahead.

I was so furious on that idiot and left without saying word. Anyway it was a free checking so I did not bother making a complaint.

After that I went to car care and told the story and they centered the wheel without a fuss and is still centered perfectly :) . Also car care told me that the alignment was off on one wheel.

Hmmm... looks like you really did have a bad day there... but am i mistaken, or is the process of straightening on newer cars that complex? As I remember its just a matter of removing the nut in the centre and setting the steering in place again and putting the nut back in place.. nothing more than 15 mins for a mechanic or even for yourself...

it isn't a new car either.. it s 96 corolla :) it has an air bag. That guy said they can't take the steering off as they are afraid of breaking the air bag system.

he told me he cannot fix it, if the air bag indicator turned on after putting the wheel back.

The easy way to center the wheel is by adjusting the tie rods and he refused to do that either (when I asked to do so)coz his computer was saying all is well...

But the car care centered it by adjusting tie rods.

So after that no more pitstop for me... they are only as good as their computer and are like air headed monkeys who follow what the computer says.

Don't have the technical expertise or common sense to do anything else....

I was actually thinking of straightening it by my self by removing the wheel (I downloaded the repair manual to find out the correct procedure to remove the steering too..) but luckily car care did it for me.