• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Grand Vitara Xl-7 Gear Box

Grand Vitara XL-7

Question

Dear Friends,

I got a Grand Vitara XL-7, YOM 2003-October, V6 engine & type is H27A, automatic transmission, and about one month back I was going on the new highway and after about 43kms, my vehicle was halted. The engine was running and apparently it was a problem with the gear box, anyway vehicle was brought to my usual garage.

The Garage said that Gear Box needs to be replaced, and can not be repaired, I agreed and was trying to find a replacement, but was not possible, and found one which was not exactly the same. garage told me that they can make it work, now the problem is my previous gear box had seven sensors, and new one has only three, now garage did the wiring to match the replaced gear box, but the OD indicator is on all the time, garage told me that there is a circuit installation, that will solve the problem.

Can you please tell me, whether I have got in a bigger mess by allowing the garage to make these changes, and how can I correct it, and if possible can I find a gear box which matches the H27A engine type, and what would be the best garage to go for this. I did not try agent for this problem, but before I have tried, they are not good in this vehicle too, that is my feeling anyway.

Please help me, if you guys knows anything on this. By the way I had to come to my job, which is outside Sri Lanka after the incident, and some of my staff in Sri Lanka was working with the garage on this.

Thank you very much

2 answers to this question

Hi,

It was same type of gear box, but previous model, I was told that the differences were sensors, and the way how 4WD gears are selected, the original had a gear lever to select, and new one is with a switch to select 4WD, I have not seen that, since I have not been there, and this is what I was told