• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Advice On Buying A Peugeot 407

Raminda A4

Hello,

I'm new to this forum and was looking at vehicles available. I have a high tendency toward owning a peugeot even with the rising prices of oil and vehicle prices. I'm not hoping to make it a daily runner.Not interested in fuel figures but of course the maintenance and availability of parts. Im looking at a higher grade with all options available. Please be kind enough to advice on the market price of a high spec petrol 407 and maintenance cost

Thanks in advance,

post-51320-0-38984300-1334317301_thumb.j

Edited by Raminda A4

Petrol 407 are in the 3 million to 4 million range .Its a good car to travel in ,excellent suspension and good comfort.

The downside is to maintain one you should have deep pockets . Around 50,000 km's the water pumps could get defective,Flywheel oil seals and torque converter seals tend to leak (which will need removal of tranny ) .Suspension is real costly given that it has an additional arm (pivot arm) which would cost over 150 k for replacements .Its mostly a one time deal and then you're good to go .

The agents would quote you something close to that .Some spares with the agents are also cheaper and Pivot arms are kind of rare you don't get them with your daily pug dealer in panchilkawatte .Through ebay its cheaper but a used set of pivot arms (suspension legs ) cost close to 300 pounds that itself is 60 K

Petrol 407 are in the 3 million to 4 million range .Its a good car to travel in ,excellent suspension and good comfort. The downside is to maintain one you should have deep pockets . Around 50,000 km's the water pumps could get defective,Flywheel oil seals and torque converter seals tend to leak (which will need removal of tranny ) .Suspension is real costly given that it has an additional arm (pivot arm) which would cost over 150 k for replacements .Its mostly a one time deal and then you're good to go .

Since I'm an often online trader i expect to get down the parts from eBay UK. I already checked basic body parts and prices are very promising. Hope this will save a bunch and only issue would be finding a good mechanic with the maintenance.

Edited by Raminda A4

Well im using the 407 coupe and actually its a pretty decent runner and of course the downside is the maintenance . C*R M**RT is really disappointing

What are the cons you came cross ?? how much would a normal service cost and is there any other place we could check in other than Ca#m#rt ??

Edited by Raminda A4

What are the cons you came cross ?? how much would a normal service cost and is there any other place we could check in other than Ca#m#rt ??

Touche ! . If you are an online trader then maintaining one is no big deal .I wouldn't recommend anyone to do a 407 other than the agents unless you get an inside man to do the needs .As i recall most of them are rip offs ,some mechanics change parts ,some charge you more for the smallest thing .You can find someone who comes to your place and fixes it or you know a weekend man.

Discs wear out quicker than of japanese and brake pads last a minimum of 10000 km's .

Basic checks before buying the car - Check for oil leaks from tranny and engine.

If automatic - gear jerks

Engine mounts tend to brake .

You have the red coupe ?

Yah well im using the Red coupe i had spent 20000rs for the last service and of course its a normal service. i already changed the aircon compressor and it cost me hell of lot of money :S and recently i changed the the brake pads and it cost me around 50000 so briefly maintenance side is cost more than a japanese car but the ride is awesome :D since it was a 3.0 ltr V6 power also not that much of a problem :P

Ah, nice. Didn't realize we had a 407 coupe in the island. I've seen a red 406, but not a 407.

I see Carmart is still dragging that RCZ around for promotions tho. Saw it at the Grand last weekend, along with a couple more Pugs and a couple of Mazdas.

Not trying to defend Peugeot spare part prices here. The brakes of Coupe is brembo if i'm not mistaken and that explains the high price of this brake pad replacement.

Prices of genuine brake pads of sedan / sw variants of 407 vary from 11k to 16k depending on the type of the disk.

Ah, nice. Didn't realize we had a 407 coupe in the island. I've seen a red 406, but not a 407.

I see Carmart is still dragging that RCZ around for promotions tho. Saw it at the Grand last weekend, along with a couple more Pugs and a couple of Mazdas.

The C*r m*rt people imported da 407 coupe to SL in 2010 and they didn't had much attention for that any way CEO had done few spins and then i bought it down so im not using it much still clock is under 3000 Km

RCZ is a awsome ride i had a spin once i went to service my coupe but the da thing is its a 6speed manual transmission so people now a days are very much looking for a paddle shift etc any way in my point of view audi TT is a better selection rather than the RCZ

Not trying to defend Peugeot spare part prices here. The brakes of Coupe is brembo if i'm not mistaken and that explains the high price of this brake pad replacement.

Prices of genuine brake pads of sedan / sw variants of 407 vary from 11k to 16k depending on the type of the disk.

Of course mate if its a sedan you can get it for that price ..i upgrade the whole brake system using brembo so thatz what it was that expensive sorry i cdnt mention on my previous post :D