• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Where Can I Gt Scale Models For Sale?

Watchman

Does anyone know where to buy scale models in and around Colombo? I have always been going to Planet 99 in MC cos they had the best selection, but till a couple of weeks ago they hadn’t got any new stocks and when I went this week, they had some real nice new stuff, but it was like SHIT expensive… there was a 1:18 Autoart Evo VIII and it was like 9700 bucks if I’m not mistaken.. and it was already reserved by someone, and not for sale…and there were like RX8s and Evo 7s and they were like nearly 8000 bucks.. thats like way beyond my budget…

So, does anyone know where Scale models are available for reasonable prices.. I was thinking under Rs.4000.. but even if it’s a bit more I don’t mind going for them if the models are good…

Does anyone know where to buy scale models in and around Colombo? I have always been going to Planet 99 in MC cos they had the best selection, but till a couple of weeks ago they hadn’t got any new stocks and when I went this week, they had some real nice new stuff, but it was like SHIT expensive… there was a 1:18 Autoart Evo VIII and it was like 9700 bucks if I’m not mistaken.. and it was already reserved by someone, and not for sale…and there were like RX8s and Evo 7s and they were like nearly 8000 bucks.. thats like way beyond my budget…

So, does anyone know where Scale models are available for reasonable prices.. I was thinking under Rs.4000.. but even if it’s a bit more I don’t mind going for them if the models are good…

A*p*co.. of you dont mind the damaged packaging.. about 5 grand if i remember..

Oooppps needs to edit that

I would tell ya, but Madz don't like advertising on the forums, and the personal messages don't work :P

There is a thread on the old forums, if u wanna search for it :P

hey...

does it count as advertising if i ASK where i can get something and someone tells me....

if we look at it like that almost everything we talk about would count as advertising... if i say that a particular car is good is that advertising?

Madz, i know you're a reasonable dude! :)

And at Arpico they only have Maisto. and maistos are the cheapest brand.... and even where i normally go they're reasonably priced, but selection is limited.

they also have autoart. the dehiwela one had the evo as well. check out the dehiwela arpico

i don't thin mads will get mad at helping each other find things. that's what a forum is for. he just doesn't like people coming and selling things directly on the forum.

right?

they also have autoart. the dehiwela one had the evo as well. check out the dehiwela arpico

i don't thin mads will get mad at helping each other find things. that's what a forum is for. he just doesn't like people coming and selling things directly on the forum.

right?

thanks man.... i'll check out Dehiwala some time when i go there.... i live in Col5 so not exactly a hop-skip & a jump away... might go that way maybe next week.....

and ya, it is annoying when people try to sell stuff on the forum.. i thin i remember someone trying to sell mobie-phones ones... thank god it didnt go on....

btw, i got some superb scale models from the US, thorugh an uncle of mine.. a 2003 range rover, a Lotus ellise and a Evo7 (exact replica from 2fast 2furious) and a skyline GTR.. and would you beleive it, none of them were a penny over 3000 rupees...so i guess we can imagine the taxes on even toy cars now:D

will post some pics soon..

Hi Dilesh,

I collect scale models and have bought most of them from Singapore. I have just started buying from Planet99 at MC. Maisto models are a lot cheaper than the Auto art because of the quality, and when it comes to detail, Auto art is light years ahead of Maisto.

8000 for an autoart is quite reasonable... if you look at the website (www.aa-collection.com) each of them retail between 75 - 95 USD + postage and handling which works upto 30 USD + Import Duty / VAT etc. A 1:18 EVO 7 Would land in lk at Rs. 13000/-...

I Have seen scale models at the shops listed below but I think that Planet 99 at MC has the best selection:

Lumala Gift City on Galle Rd

ODEL

Nastars - Liberty Plaza

Xtreme Sport - Maya Avenue

Arpico

Cargills

Hi Dilesh,

I collect scale models and have bought most of them from Singapore. I have just started buying from Planet99 at MC. Maisto models are a lot cheaper than the Auto art because of the quality, and when it comes to detail, Auto art is light years ahead of Maisto.

8000 for an autoart is quite reasonable... if you look at the website (www.aa-collection.com) each of them retail between 75 - 95 USD + postage and handling which works upto 30 USD + Import Duty / VAT etc. A 1:18 EVO 7 Would land in lk at Rs. 13000/-...

I Have seen scale models at the shops listed below but I think that Planet 99 at MC has the best selection:

Lumala Gift City on Galle Rd

ODEL

Nastars - Liberty Plaza

Xtreme Sport - Maya Avenue

Arpico

Cargills

thanks man... i guess i got myself into an expensive hobby huh? hehehee!

i did goto Xtreme Sports a couple of times, but everything there had a tag on it saying "SOLD"... gotta go there again soon....

hey guys...

here are some pictures of my scale models, that i was talking about earlier....these are all 1:18s... except the Enzo.. thats 1:24.. i take some pics whenever i get like a nice idea for a setting or whatever..

would like to hear your comments and ideas on how to make these pictures more realistic...

Lotus Elise 111s p10100061ff.th.jpg p10100250wt.th.jpg

2003 Range Rover p101007521az.th.jpg p101003148eh.th.jpg p101007720lm.th.jpg

Evo7 from 2Fast 2Furious p11600181ad.th.jpg p11600133gn.th.jpg

Skyline GT-R (R34) : p10400128zc.th.jpg p11600757oc.th.jpg p101004338fe.th.jpg

Enzo p10100962ph.th.jpg

yeah don't bother with xtreme.. mostof the cars there are owned by souhaine himself. try out arpico. that's your best bet

hey,

thanks...will try arpico this week or so.... so i guess souhaine too is more a collector than a salesmen when it comes to Scale models huh?

guys, and i want to make a big display case on the wall for all my scale models.. i have thought of making the shelves out of glass, cos it gives a pretty cool look when the cars look like they're just floating on air.. but my problem/worry is that if i keep all the cars out of the boxes on this case out in the open, they'll collect dust.. any ideas on a type of front/side covering to keep the dust out? But it has to be something that i can open every now and then to take the models out...