• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Mazda 323 Manufacturing Country

man

Question

9 answers to this question

Our Mazda 323 /Familias were built in Japan, However some versions assembled outside Japan not came to Sri Lanka, These assemblies went on parallel to Japaanese productions. Singapore was not in Mazda production lines/assemblies.

Some of the 323 Versions built in other countries with different names outside Japan, after the Japanese productions ended in Japan.

Examples are Sao Penza built in South Africa based on Mazda BF platform .Isamu Genki of Taiwan

and Haima Family 2 of China both were based on Mazda BJ platform.Some of these versions still manufacture.

Edited by Rohnd
  • Like 1

true,but there are lot of 323s which were imported from Singapore.in my vehicle book also it has been mentioned that "Assembled in Singapore". so what is the story behind that?

There are no assembly plants in Singapore. It must be wrong.

http://www.autolanka.com/ad.asp?ID=64995

check this ad,

i randomly picked this one and no connection with this ad,

but in here why owner has mentioned it as a Singapore model? because he can see his vehicle book contains that information.

i am sure that this vehicle has been manufactured in Japan and imported from Singapore as a used vehicle.

Correct. However they re-do the seats/upholstery there according to the Singapore regulations.

The Fabrics are not allowed in that country and Rexene/Leather formulated, This may be incorrectly understood as assembled.

Correct. However they re-do the seats/upholstery there according to the Singapore regulations.

The Fabrics are not allowed in that country and Rexene/Leather formulated, This may be incorrectly understood as assembled.

Oh now I understood, why someone said in another thread that Nissan Sunny FB15 V I P model in Singapore comes with crappy leather seats only. :)

Edited by Sampath Gunasekera

The 323 and the 3 were/are manufactured in Thailand as well. The Singapore cars could be from that factory. We had two cars at the same time. A Japanese import Familia Hatch and a Singapore import 323-badged sedan. There definitely was a noticable quality difference. The reliability of the two during our ownership was also polar opposites.

The age of the cars two years apart, the Japanese one being newer. However I suspect the Singapore car was not from the same source.