• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Honda Insight (Or Any Jdm) Navigation

razordj

Hi,

I'm looking to buy a Honda insight and one of the guys I called on the weekend said that the Insight's original navigation system and TV doesn't work in Sri Lanka, when I ask for the explanation why he has removed the original navigation system and replaced with a smaller one.

Of course its obvious due to get rid of the tax, but when I keeps on asking he said that Pe*co and Ad*anced C** Aud*O both cannot repair it and bring back to the original level (as in working TV and navigation), so no point of bringing down it paying the tax

Is this true? I guess this is not only apply for Honda but for any JDM.

well what he said was completely true. in JDM navi's u cannot change the language and the tv and navigation option doesn't work. coz JDM ICE is equipped with low band frequencies, but if you come across an Insight with the UK specs, your lucky ;) but once again the NAVI doesn't work, since the file format not compatible.

• 1 year later...

Hi,

Here is my car navigation unit, Panasonic CN-MW100D.

post-49549-0-68933700-1379080161_thumb.j

post-49549-0-34890600-1379080609_thumb.j

Is there any one who have experienced to change Japanese time? Procedure of most of same branded units are similar. Share your knowledge please!

Thanks

Edited by WCW