• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Does Gasket Sealant Stop Leaks? And Where Can I Buy?

venomafiax

Hey guys

Im experiencing a slight fuel leak from my fuel tap on the bike. I previously sealed it with Araldite gum... its quite good but has now given away.

I found out the reason for the leak was a worn out rubber gasket. This however is very hard to find as its a tiny little thing no one is really bothered to stock it.

So ive decided to glue it. I was wondering if Gasket sealent would do the same thing?

Gasket sealent is resistant to petrol so i assume it should stop the leak? please advise. i believe Araldite is resistant too? correct me if wrong.

If gasket sealant is suitable for the fix, where can i purchase the sealant from? could you recommend a place.

Thanks

Not many sealants are capable or stopping petrol. Try to find the genuine seal as most of the other stuff would give way with in time. Rubber sealants used to cure petrol leaks are designed to do this specific job. Your Araldite gave way cos it couldnt with stand petrol and so would most other sealants. I highly recommend you try to find a genuine sealer or try a local bike garage. The are bound to stock the item and if they dont have it they might have one in decent condition. Good luck.

Not many sealants are capable or stopping petrol. Try to find the genuine seal as most of the other stuff would give way with in time. Rubber sealants used to cure petrol leaks are designed to do this specific job. Your Araldite gave way cos it couldnt with stand petrol and so would most other sealants. I highly recommend you try to find a genuine sealer or try a local bike garage. The are bound to stock the item and if they dont have it they might have one in decent condition. Good luck.

Gasket maker should work.

where can you buy rubber sealant? Ive tried many places for the last year ive owned the bike... Specially panchikawatte... Nope... they ddnt have it. They tried to sell me the whole unit which is not needed.

Ebay has got "petcock rebuild kits" but none in Sri Lanka. Rubber sealant should do the job... let me know where i can find it...

Or i might have to look at making one myself with a blade and fuel hose... its a tiny little thing.

where can you buy rubber sealant? Ive tried many places for the last year ive owned the bike... Specially panchikawatte... Nope... they ddnt have it. They tried to sell me the whole unit which is not needed.

Ebay has got "petcock rebuild kits" but none in Sri Lanka. Rubber sealant should do the job... let me know where i can find it...

Any part shop in panchi or major hardware store such as link.

Is it something like a O ring?

yeah its like an "O" ring but bigger. the petcock is operated by vacuum and the busted gasket due to loss of pressure is letting out fuel into the carbs and the floats leak.

Any part shop in panchi or major hardware store such as link.

Thanks... will keep trying. I wonder if any biker guys in here have experience anything similar