• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota Soluna Rpm Drops In Slow Speeds And Steering Wheel Vibrates

Toyota soluna

Question

My toyota soluna vibrates the steering and whole body when in traffic with a/c...it an aouto gear car with newly replaece spark plugs cleaned throtell boddy..new all 3 mounts and all...did a computer scan first time it got 3 error codes

31 air flow meter signal bad

33 idle speed control motor bad

41 throttle positon sensor signal bad

after resetting it all errors got vanished..but still the vibration and idle drop happns...mechanics tried to adjust the rpm...for that moment it appears ok but after running 2 3 kms it starts over again...

even tryd to change a new throttel boddy but same issue so kept the old one...this is happening from one months time and fed up of going ro every mechanic and garage ..still no answer

11 answers to this question

You have a problem with your idle control mechanism. There was no point clearing the error codes because it was indicating the problem. This is a bit like painting over rust.

One or more of these components in your car is faulty.

all these errors are comminh under the throttel body right? by changing the whole throttel body it should have resolved the case...but no luck...

No the throttle body will necessarily include all the components mentioned above. The throttle position sensor is probably attached to the throttle body and the ICV (sometimes referred to as the idle stepper motor) might be as well (depends on design). But the air flow sensor is usually not connected to the throttle body.

Also you don't keep needing to add replies. You can edit your original post using the edit option (bottom right)

Edited by The Don

Note that without a/c rpm is 1000 and with a/c its 900 to 700...it drops....

No the throttle body will necessarily include all the components mentioned above. The throttle position sensor is probably attached to the throttle body and the ICV (sometimes referred to as the idle stepper motor) might be as well (depends on design). But the air flow sensor is usually not connected to the throttle body.

Also you don't keep needing to add replies. You can edit your original post using the edit option (bottom right)

Thanx ...any way what should i do now...all the mechanics are out of answers....so any known good place near nugegoda or colombo for this issue

Thanx ...any way what should i do now...all the mechanics are out of answers....so any known good place near nugegoda or colombo for this issue

You need to take it to a guy who understands electronic fuel injection systems. The first thing to do is to check if the idle control valve is working, and to clean the throttle body, air flow controller and ICV and see if it makes a difference.

There is a member called komisiripala, his mechanic sounds like a good guy so get the info from him!

You need to take it to a guy who understands electronic fuel injection systems. The first thing to do is to check if the idle control valve is working, and to clean the throttle body, air flow controller and ICV and see if it makes a difference.

There is a member called komisiripala, his mechanic sounds like a good guy so get the info from him!

Thanx alot what about nishantha or that guy in delkanda....they are mentioned in the forum..any way i`ll search that person also...thanx alot for paying attention to my matter ...

My toyota soluna vibrates the steering and whole body when in traffic with a/c...it an aouto gear car with newly replaece spark plugs cleaned throtell boddy..new all 3 mounts and all...did a computer scan first time it got 3 error codes

after resetting it all errors got vanished..but still the vibration and idle drop happns...mechanics tried to adjust the rpm...for that moment it appears ok but after running 2 3 kms it starts over again...

even tryd to change a new throttel boddy but same issue so kept the old one...this is happening from one months time and fed up of going ro every mechanic and garage ..still no answer

Hi Could you tell me from where you got the computer scan done?

Thanks