• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Zoyte Nomad Extreme

dammika79

Dear Members..

I request your openion on the below mentioned...

This is about the most affordable SUV as introduced by its manufactures / local dealers the ZOTYE Nomad 1.3 (Now locally assembled in the name of Zotye Extreme).

Here are my Concerns.

• My maximum budget is 2.2 M
  • I want a vehicle with a sufficient ground clearance coz I usually travel over 2500 kms on roads with moderate to worst conditions. Need not to be a SUV necessarily.
  • I do not want the trouble of repairs atleast in the first 3-4 years.
  • Second hand market is not a major concern, but accepted that I'll not keep this forever.
  • The outer appearace is a major concern.
  • Fuel efficiency of anything 11km/L is affordable
  • I need the vehicle within 2 -3 weeks time.

So I currently believe that Zotye Nomad 1 be a good option. Still I want expert/public view before finalizing the decision. I checked some unregistered and second hand vehicles. New Extreme costs 2.2M. A second hand Nomad 1 with low milage (below ~40000) and in good condition costs around 1.85~1.95M. The interior is not that attractive. Observed rust and oxide on nuts and some other metal parts (in vehicles with 1 yr old). The warranty given for the Extreme is just 1Yr/30,000.

1. Is this vehicle reliable?

2. Do I have any other better options? What are them? (A used cami with 0ver 180,000 milage costs over 2.4.. Swift 2003/04 are within the budget, but milage is high.. Terios too not matching the budget... Hw good the second hand market, I cant take a possible risk of repairs. N thats why I do not intend to go for any of these with high milage)

3. Will Panda cross match my requiremet? If yes, are there any 2nd hand units availabe in the market (I found nothing in Auto Lanka or in the recent newspapers / The waiting time (3 1/2 months according to them) for a brandnew one is not affordable for me.

4. Out of the locally assembled one and the chinese Nomad which is better? And why?

Your valuable comments are greatly appreciated.

Here are the technical specifications and the features in a nut shell....

Engine - 4G13 Mitsubishi Technology

Engine Type - 1.3L four cylinder inline, water cooling, four stroke, SOHC, multi point fuel injection

Max. power - 68.5/6000 (Kw/rpm)

Max. Torque - 113.5/4500

Ground Clearance - 210

Fully loaded weight - 1130

Min. turning radius - 4.7 ????????????????????????????? ( is this less than the usual average???)

Max. gradability >30 ???????????????????????????????( Is this someting to think about with a great gravity.. waht is the usually acceptable limit???)

5 speed manual / rear wheel drive / disk front-drum rear with ABS / PStr / PShut (front only) / P Mirrors

Suspension - Front Mcpherson????? Rear Multilink 5Rods??????

Fuel Type - RON 93+ Lead free gasoline ??????? does it says something special or can I use Octain 90?

Tyre - 195 R15

Other features

Childs lock / Energy absorb type streeing column / four door anti impact girder / high mounted brake lamp / central locking / Rear wiper with water injector / Rear electronic defroster / FM-CD (Not in good condition) / etc...

1. Is this vehicle reliable?

No. This is just a crappy chinese copy of the terios. The newer ones have upgraded trip and lights but generally crap.

2. Do I have any other better options? What are them? (A used cami with 0ver 180,000 milage costs over 2.4.. Swift 2003/04 are within the budget, but milage is high.. Terios too not matching the budget... Hw good the second hand market, I cant take a possible risk of repairs. N thats why I do not intend to go for any of these with high milage)

The terios may have a higher mileage but with a little money spent doing a few expected repairs, it will be much more reliable than a chinese POS. You will be able to find a 97+ terios for your budget. The swift is pretty good too but you need to figure out if you want a hatchback or a mini SUV.

3. Will Panda cross match my requiremet? If yes, are there any 2nd hand units availabe in the market (I found nothing in Auto Lanka or in the recent newspapers / The waiting time (3 1/2 months according to them) for a brandnew one is not affordable for me.

The panda is pretty decent from what has been discussed here not sure about the cross if the components are the same I wouldn't see why it won't be good.

4. Out of the locally assembled one and the chinese Nomad which is better? And why?

Panda. Atleast they didn't try to create a direct copy of a terios by putting in crap components. Look at it this way. Would you buy a huawei cellphone or a samsung copy? both are chinese, but, at least huawei took an effort in designing their own phone right?

• Like 1

Machan,

Agree with JD Fully. A guy i know bought the Nomad despite me telling him not to , for his permit and now facing the music. One whole day parked in teh sun and the central locking goes kahoots (03 day of purchase) and still counting issues. Anyway , dealers aren't much of a help either being counterparts to the famous Viva boys :P

I happen to know one guy , well known architect (travels a lot ) using a Tera kid and he pretty much loved the vehicle.Looks better than the normal Tera as well if i am allowed to say. But i always had the doubt whether it really gave him enough torque, didn't have the mind to ask him. Perhaps a good urban car :smilie_liebe9:

There was one U/R black tera kid being advertised in the hitad (very big car sale guy ). Looked cute with the accessories, but this was continously advertised, for which i don't know why? Better have a look at it and decide.

Give a good think on the Swift as well, if u fancy. MIght be a better option for u :)

Nomad is a definite no go brother. Hate to see another person falling in teh same trap.

Thanks a lot Warlord.

My current vehicle is a Viva Elite. So far no troubles. Anyway the milage is just around 25000. The dealer is the same as Nomad. Service was good up to now. Thats why mostly I had a belief on them. I think now my mind has changed to go for another option, but cant yet judge which direction i should turn now. My next biggest hope may be Panda Cross since my try is to go for a new one rather than a used one. If you guys got any comments on Panda Cross or any other better suggestion please advice me...

Thanks a lot Warlord.

My current vehicle is a Viva Elite. So far no troubles. Anyway the milage is just around 25000. The dealer is the same as Nomad. Service was good up to now. Thats why mostly I had a belief on them. I think now my mind has changed to go for another option, but cant yet judge which direction i should turn now. My next biggest hope may be Panda Cross since my try is to go for a new one rather than a used one. If you guys got any comments on Panda Cross or any other better suggestion please advice me...

The Viva Elite gives you good service because it's a better made car, not because of the dealership. Owning a Mitsubishi, I can safely say I will never go there unless I had no other alternative.

Thanks a lot Warlord.

Dude, have you heard of the old saying "inguru deela miris gattha wagey?" Even if it is not perfect in terms of build quality, your Viva is far ahead of any chinese vehicle available in SL (Zotyes and Geelys). Just because u have been bitten by the SUV bug, don't get in to trouble by getting a knock-off.

• Like 1

Hi All,

I have searched this forum for posts regarding the new Nomad Zotye II, a.k.a Zotye 5008 (1.5 model), but there were none.

Is there anyone who is currently using this SUV? How is it and does it have value for money?

I inquired from Unimo and they told me that it will be 1.9Mil for the permit.

What are the other good options available for the permit below 2 - 2.2 Mil?

BR

Thanks a lot Warlord.

Machan,

Sorry for the delay in replying.

Elite is a really reliable vehicle, no 02 words about it.

But, i guess now you want a SUV experience from what you say.

Micro panda is actually called as Geely panda outside the world. geely is actually a chinese brand , very popular for copying leading vehicles such as the C180 once, and counting.

However, i hear that the vehicle is comparatively better to other chinese stuff such as the Chery. now Panda cross , i doubt whethr it offers much except the better ground clerarence and the rear spare wheel mounted on the dicky with slightly modified front and rear lenses. So, you need to take a call on actually whether you need to pay a premium to get that.

now the category you are trying to get to is the compact SUV segment, which now is very popular even is Aussie. BMW X1, Audii A1 SB, Skoda Yeti, mitsubishi ASX are such popular models going a bit towards the premium side. Sadly, we do not have something at an affordable price such as this, apart from the modearately old Camys/ Terri's/Jimneys/ Pajero Juniors etc. for this budget.

However, in this case would advise you not to dispose of the Elite. Wait for some time and beef up your reserves. Rome wasn't built in one day.... :sport-smiley-003: mind you.