• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Car Is Not Speedup When Accelerating + Bad Smell

Iroshw

Question

Hi,

I have Mitsubishi C62A 1991 year (ASP Model) car. It has 1500cc engine (4G15) and Carb type. I have noticed that my car doesn't speed up when accelerating. Yesterday I had a long run (85km) and there was a bad smell as well (smell like burning something). Problem is like this;

* When starting there is no problem

* On 1st and 2nd Gear, feel like car is not performing as earlier (but now it does more fuel, adjust the fuel/air mixture few days ago).

* When need climbing, difficult and smell something like burning

* Sometimes RPM goes up (moving from 2-4 very fast) but car is still at the same speed

* But can increase the speed very slowly, when I'm on the 3rd Gear accelerate slowly to get the speed and when I'm at 3500RPM releasing the Accelerator to get down the RPM then changing the gear to 4th, again accelerating slowly and releasing the Accelerator to get down the RPM and changing to the top gear and accelerating slowly. If accelerate fast, RPM goes up but car is not speedup.

I'm not sure that this happens due to the Tune up did by ME :). I followed some instructions as per the Manual (4G15).

Guys, is this related to the Clutch or Gear or Low Fuel pump to after the tuneup ?

Irosh

where is Rumesh88? i think he was online yesterday,

Irosh, try to PM him and invite to join to this thread

Oops! I had a problem with my shared resources while I was on the move and only one lap top in the car shared with family and too bad I had limited access to it). Post edited below now that I have everything to myself.

Irosh

1. before you start the engine after being parked overnight, press the brake pedal hard a few times. Pedal stroke (travel) should be the same each time. If not you have a probable issue with the master pump like washers. Unlikely in your case for brakes are operating so this step is not required.

2. With the pedal depressed start the engine, the pedal should go down slightly. This is the normal operation. If not you have a issue with booster most likely a vacuum leak or the vacuum not reaching the booster. When you press the pedal the engine idle speed should remain stable. According your previous posts I suspect a vacuum leak. If so you need to attend to it and then set your air/fuel adjustment again.

3. Release the pedal and allow the engine to run idle for a minute of so and then depress the pedal fully and switch off the engine while keeping the pedal depressed with constant force (better do it barefoot). Now hold it. The pedal stroke should remain at the same position (meaning it should not come up)for about 30 seconds. if the pedal comes up (meaning you need more force keep it pressed) immediately you have a leak in the booster or its non-return valve.

4. Release the pedal and start the engine again for about 2 min and switch off. The press the pedal consecutively for about five times. During first few strokes the pedal should come up progressively each time. This again confirms if the booster is airtight. If it comes up on the first stroke you have a leaky booster.

Try this simple test and post your results.

Edited by Rumesh88