• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Car Is Not Speedup When Accelerating + Bad Smell

Iroshw

Question

Hi,

I have Mitsubishi C62A 1991 year (ASP Model) car. It has 1500cc engine (4G15) and Carb type. I have noticed that my car doesn't speed up when accelerating. Yesterday I had a long run (85km) and there was a bad smell as well (smell like burning something). Problem is like this;

* When starting there is no problem

* On 1st and 2nd Gear, feel like car is not performing as earlier (but now it does more fuel, adjust the fuel/air mixture few days ago).

* When need climbing, difficult and smell something like burning

* Sometimes RPM goes up (moving from 2-4 very fast) but car is still at the same speed

* But can increase the speed very slowly, when I'm on the 3rd Gear accelerate slowly to get the speed and when I'm at 3500RPM releasing the Accelerator to get down the RPM then changing the gear to 4th, again accelerating slowly and releasing the Accelerator to get down the RPM and changing to the top gear and accelerating slowly. If accelerate fast, RPM goes up but car is not speedup.

I'm not sure that this happens due to the Tune up did by ME :). I followed some instructions as per the Manual (4G15).

Guys, is this related to the Clutch or Gear or Low Fuel pump to after the tuneup ?

Irosh

And, there is another issue. I have noticed that sometimes my brakelight is ON. When I press the brake pedal again it is getting off. I thought the bad smell (yesterday) due to this issue (binding).
Machan, I have replaced clutch plates 2 years ago. Is there anything related to the Choke?

Yes brake bind may also cause that burning smell.All the choke does is stem the airflow at start up.Yes it can cause a misfire if not properly functioning...But your problem seems to with either the brake or the clutch,or even a combination of the two.It is hard to tell without driving the car for myself...All I can say is to show it a competent mechanic.

Machan, if the case is slipping clutch, do I need to replace the entire thing? Or is it possible to fix it without replacing? As mentioned, I have replaced my clutch plates 2 years ago. This really sucks when climbing a mountain with 2 more packs.

since this is in initial stage i dnt thnk so. best way to consult a mechanic.

Means there is a possibility of fixing it without replacing? But yesterday I felt the smell badly since I had a long run (86km) in 80-100km/hr :). This car is really powerful.

Machan, if the case is slipping clutch, do I need to replace the entire thing? Or is it possible to fix it without replacing? As mentioned, I have replaced my clutch plates 2 years ago. This really sucks when climbing a mountain with 2 more packs.

well you can get away with just replacing the clutch plate if the pressure plate,bearing are in good shape..you may need to to machine the flywheel...can do them under 15k...but if you are going for a clutch kit you can avoid future hassles... kit price depends on the brand...if you have replaced the clutch 2 years back may be you are riding the clutch or the one replaced was a cheap clutch plate...first check the break binding issue and see...

And, there is another issue. I have noticed that sometimes my brakelight is ON. When I press the brake pedal again it is getting off. I thought the bad smell (yesterday) due to this issue (binding).

In my car (CE106V) the handbrake lamp lights up with the handbrake off if the brake fluid level is low. It also flickers if I apply pressure on the brake pedal lightly. In my case, the problem is sorted when I top up the brake fluid. Food for thought?

Edited by Jaliya48

Update:

Yesterday i went to a Mechanic and he confirmed that my clutch plates are gone. That place is near my residence (hokandara). But I'm planning to take my car to Panchikawatte (Alahakoonwatte). I know a garage there and it will be easy for me to find parts (for a good price) as well. I have a few things to fix.

1. Clutch Plate issue

2. Brake light issue

3. Finding a lock for my front right side brake pads (the one who replaced brake pads lost the locks, now they are shaking when driving and can hear a big noise).

4. Changing Air Filter and engine oil (don't know whether I need to replace the oil filter since I replaced it 4 months ago).

5. Replace the fan belt (when starting the car there is a noise from the belt since it is very old now)

And, there is another brake issue, I have replaced brake liners, pads and nipples. Sometimes my brake pedal is soft and sometimes it is very hard. I guess this is because of the one big Black thing can see from the engine bay (the own fixed to the wall). I really don't know the name of it and it is a big gadget (cylinder type) fixed to the brake oil cup and all the lines. What will be the cost to replace this thing?

Irosh

Guys, any idea the cost?

Update:

Yesterday i went to a Mechanic and he confirmed that my clutch plates are gone. That place is near my residence (hokandara). But I'm planning to take my car to Panchikawatte (Alahakoonwatte). I know a garage there and it will be easy for me to find parts (for a good price) as well. I have a few things to fix.

1. Clutch Plate issue

2. Brake light issue

3. Finding a lock for my front right side brake pads (the one who replaced brake pads lost the locks, now they are shaking when driving and can hear a big noise).

4. Changing Air Filter and engine oil (don't know whether I need to replace the oil filter since I replaced it 4 months ago).

5. Replace the fan belt (when starting the car there is a noise from the belt since it is very old now)

And, there is another brake issue, I have replaced brake liners, pads and nipples. Sometimes my brake pedal is soft and sometimes it is very hard. I guess this is because of the one big Black thing can see from the engine bay (the own fixed to the wall). I really don't know the name of it and it is a big gadget (cylinder type) fixed to the brake oil cup and all the lines. What will be the cost to replace this thing?

Irosh

Guys, any idea the cost?

The big black this is called the "Brake Booster" (Vacuum servo) machan.

The big black this is called the "Brake Booster" (Vacuum servo) machan.

Machan, do you think that the problem is with Vacuum Servo???

I mean sometimes my brake pedal is soft, at that time when I press it the car stopped suddenly. Sometimes the pedal is hard like a rock. At that time I can press slowly but difficult to press to the bottom, Also have noticed that sometimes the pedal is hard but in a few seconds (when driving) its get soft. My brake pads and liners are new. Also replace the thing that put/load Brake oil (don't' know the name :) ). And I'm always checking that there is no less brake oil.