• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Buying A Hyundai Santa-Fe 2001/2002 Model Now

samueldaniel7

Hey Guys,

Noticed that the Selling price of second hand Hyundai Santa fe (2001/2002) Model has come back drastically (It used to be 2.6 Mn about an year back or so)

Now we are able to see the price ranges from 1.8 Mn to 2.2 Mn

i would like some feedback from someone who had this vehicle ,

Milage / km per lit

Known Issues

Actually this will be my first car and im contemplating between a perodua viva elite / Hyundai Matrix or a Santafe

Your comments are greatly appriciated

Thanks in advance

A friend of mine owned one and I have frequently driven it.

It does about 4-5km to a liter of petrol. Later on, it was converted to diesel with a 3C-T engine. Then it started giving a lot of trouble with suspension. There are no original diesel versions of this vehicle.

Its neither good nor bad. Performance is very lacklusture. Most of the issues are with the interior. Lot of interior plastics break once in a while. Ajantha motors has all the spares you need so there's nothing to worry when it comes to spare parts.

You cant buy a proper SUV for that price range anyway. The newer Hyundai SUVs are a world apart from this one. If you can shell out some extra dough, get a 2004/05 Sportage or a Tucson or a late 1999/2000 Suzuki Vitara.

If you are trying to decide between a Viva and a Santafe/Matrix, then you are thoroughly confused. Please set down your requirements first and then ask questions.